Toys in cots

Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:34 pm 
Post subject: Toys in cots
I'm wondering at what age it is ok to give a baby a teddy bear in bed. My son is 4 months old and I don't give him any toys in bed but am wondering at what age it is safe to do so. Thanks.
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:08 am 
Post subject:
I honestly dont know but my eldest had toys from the start in her cot but i kept them at the foot end of the cot so that they cant fall onto little one when sleeping or fall across their face. MY little man has just moved into a cot from a hammock so now he also has teddy bears a the end of his bed and is fine.

I have a nearly 3 year old and a four month old.

MAndy xx
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:22 pm 
Post subject:
I think I put them in with Jamie from about 7 months but he'd been crawling since 4 months and could easily move himself about by then although I was still paranoid

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:16 pm 
Post subject:
Izzy always had a toy of some description in with her - she had those soft teddy rag things (sorry that's a rubbish description!) - but she only had bigger teddies at the end of her bed. She has her favourites now - Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and her Rapunzel doll (The Disney Store rubs its hands in glee if we go in there!) who she always has in bed with her - along with her books!
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for your replies. I think I'll wait a couple of months and then introduce a small soft toy into bed with him. He's quite happy to lay and gargle at thr minute Smile
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
paranoid.com ------------> me Laughing so I waited until he was about 10 months old and I still go in and check throughout the night Confused I'm not sure there is a set age.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular