Help with sickness when introducing formula

hails205
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:49 pm 
Post subject: Help with sickness when introducing formula
Can anyone give me some advice?! My daughter is 3 months old, and I plan over the next month to slowly introduce formula and reduce breastfeeding due to going back to work.
When she was born, we had to top up with some (SMA) formula as she had dropped weight from not attaching and feeding properly, but was always sick following those feeds. Being cautious from this experience, yesterday I decided to start introducing 1 feed with a 50/50 mix of my milk and try different formula (Cow & Gate). This all came back up several hrs later, and she continued trying to be sick for a couple more hrs -just to make sure it was all out of her! She is never sick after breastfeeding. What should I do?? Reduce to amount of formula in the feed? Try a different formula? She accepts the bottle fine as is sometimes fed expressed bmilk. Any advice would be great, many thanks Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
If she's always sick after formula but never after a breast feed I would speak to our GP about it before introducing more formula as she may be intolerant and might need special prescription milk
xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular