talking

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:37 pm 
Post subject: talking
Im just posting as Im so proud of Alfie. I was getting so worried about his speech as it was limited to around 10 words. Well in the past couple of weeks hes doubled that. Hes still probably behind but hes understanding so much more instructions...hes using words in sentences and in the right context. SO happy with him Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

[/url]
gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
Aww well done little man, that is brilliant!

MAndy xx
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
I remember you posting a few weeks back hun and I commented because I was in exactly the same position with my LO with regards to her only saying about 10 words and over the last few weeks the floodgates have well and truly opened for her, shes even saying 2 and 3 word sentences now!

I actually had a referral to speech a couple of weeks ago (I'd waited since April!) and the saw her for 20 mins and signed her off straight away, said they thought she was absolutely fine and put her speech about 4 months behind which in their terms in nothing (apparantly anything up to about 10 months behind is 'OK' as by the time they reach school age they've all caught up......she said she'd seen some 5 year olds with the speech of a 6-12 month old Shocked ).

Glad he's coming along, its such a relief isn't it! Everyone kept telling me it would come, she just seemed so far behind that I thought there was a serious problem but like everyone says, they'll do things when they're ready because they're all different and individual!

xx
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
yes i never thought i would hear him talk. he is using a few 2-3 word sentences too such as " its over there" "its stuck" or "wheres its gone" its funny he prefers sentences over one words "its a ball" or "its a car". im hoping in the next few months he going to come on leaps and bounds Smile

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular