Steralisation reversal or IVF?

Sammynikita1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:17 am 
Post subject: Steralisation reversal or IVF?
Hi there, hope your all well Smile I am sammy and am 26 with two beautiful children. I had a steralisation a year and a half ago but unfortunately I and my husbands marriage ended. I and my new partner would like to discuss having a baby but I'm not sure which option would be better. I would be ever so grateful for any experiences, avice etc please. I had clips placed on my tubes xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 am 
Post subject:
Smile welcome hun..
firstly I am shocked that at 25 and after 2 kids you were sterilsed.. Shocked Shocked
way too young in my opinion.. BUT also as it was only a year and a half a go you have an excellent chance of it working.. the bad news it will cost around £3,500 as it is not done on the NHS.. equally you will have a good chance of success with IVF.. BUT it will cost the same for only one try.. where as with reversal you have multiple trys.. Very Happy

you may be able to do egg share with ivf to cut costs.. xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Sammynikita1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 am 
Post subject:
Thank you for your reply Smile I had a third child as I was a surrogate mother too. It was a very stupid thing to have done (the steralisation I mean) and it was made very easy. My own fault and if this doesn't work I still have two of my own beautiful children Smile it's just very confusing to make a decision based on so much info but I'm thrilled that there's a good chance of reversal in my case after 18 months. Thank you Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
It always is made far too easy to have it done Rolling Eyes
At your age you would have a brilliant chance of IVF working Smile , and could get lots of eggs to freeze if you wanted another child or if the first attempt didn't work.
Your chances with the reversal are very complex,and much less predictable, time since it was done may be a factor but there's a lot of debate about if thats relevant Question . Method used,(some are more damaging than others) how much viable tube is left and how much scarring you have all do make a difference though, and the method used should be in your Op report, so i'd ask your GP how you go about getting a copy of that first, also as you're with a new partner then your partners sperm should be checked before you decide as it would be terrible to have a reversal and then discover he had a low count and IVF would have been better Confused
If you were prepared to donate some of your eggs you can get IVF almost free at some clinics , you just have to pay the HFEA fee, or might need to pay towards some drugs (but some GP's will help fund those as well ) so that could be a very cost effective option,(I've seen people say it cost between 200 and 800 a cycle)
but as you're so young you have enough time to have a reversal and then if it doesn't work you're still going to be young enough to be an egg donor and do the IVF Question
The reversal is hardly ever done on the NHS, i would cetainly ask about that as some ladies have managed to get it done but in most cases you have to self fund and it can be from around £3,000 to £4,500 depending on whereabouts you are Question
Also the reversal carries an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy which is something to consider , some of the reversal women on here have gone through incredible heartbreak to try and get their babies and have ended up going to IVF in the end, whereas others have fallen pregnant quickly and everything was fine Question
it just seems to be the luck of the draw, also TTC after the reversal is hard, i under estimated it , as you never know if your tubes are still open ,and it can take a while to get that positive test ,so it can be very draining, whereas all the IVF Ladies on here seem to feel its a fairly positive experience as everything happens quite quickly and you always know whats going on Question
I'd get the op report first then speak to a consultant who knows about reversal and also an IVF clinic before making any decisions Smile xx
Sammynikita1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:19 am 
Post subject:
Thank you do much for your reply, it was very helpful indeed. We are phoning the clinic we were looking at to see if they participate in the egg sharing incorporated with IVF😊 fingers crossed ☺xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular