Behaviour Problems....

debz15
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:03 pm 
Post subject: Behaviour Problems....
Hi everyone

Im looking for some advice please Smile
My little boy is 2 & is generally pretty well behaved, he is a great eater, goes to bed with no fuss etc,
He has the odd moments where he will push his luck, but the staff at his nursery have always commented on how well he shares & how good he is at playing with other kids.
Anyway our nephew is 3 & he is very difficult at the moment... He has never been great at sharing or playing with other kids ( he tried to strangle a little girl at toddlers a few months ago) he is really rude & his tantrums are never ending. His mum doesn't seem to bother when he is beating up the other kids, but it starting to get to the point i fear for my little ones safety! My boy has started picking up on his behaviour & when we were on a play date yesterday he just kept pushing all the other kids around & he even punched a little boy in the face! I was mortified Sad
I really don't know what to do as i know it's "monkey see, monkey do" at that age, but how can i stop him from turning into his thug of a cousin?! I feel really bad for talking about our nephew like this, but the rest of the family don't see theres an issue with his behaviour!! They just keep saying that my little one should stand up for himself, i DON'T want him to think it's acceptable on any count to smack other people!! Help please!!! xx

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:57 am 
Post subject:
its hard because its a family member, i had a friend whos little girl kept pushing mine and pulling her hair and her mum did nothing to stop her. now my daughter never copied but i didnt want her to play with someone who did that to her so i just stopped seeing my friend.
i would limit the amount of time he spends with his cousin and see if his behavior changes if it does then you know hes copying.
also cousin or not there is no way you should put up with that kind of behaviour and i would say to your family that its not about standing up for himself its about being a decent child!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular