AMH and consultation booked. Eek!

blossom35
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:59 pm 
Post subject: AMH and consultation booked. Eek!
Hi ladies not posted for ages. Still no sign of bfp and as nhs won't do anything else to help as fsh results were high. I have finally bit the bullet and made an app with spire. It's an initial consultation and amh. I've got a feeling from previous tests and scans that my ovaries are knacked and not doing anything. So thought I'd be brave and get the test and then at least I know if there are any options left to me. feeling slightly terrified but after 4 years I can't keep doing this and.am getting seriously old so need to come to terms with it if I'm not going to be a mum. has anyone else been for this.

Hope you are all good x
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
I came around this website may be interesting reading:

http://highfshinfo.com/

Don't give up hope yet! Good luck with the consultation!x
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Good luck Blossom xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
blossom35
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls. I went for app. So just waiting on results, one or two weeks. Very nervous about it all! x
wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck Blossom, I'm in the same situation, going for my AMH tomorrow. Let us know what your results are.
xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:18 am 
Post subject:
Good luck let us know how you get on!

What does the test involve? if you dont mind me asking xx
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 am 
Post subject:
Hi Good luck with your results ladies. I am in the same position. The NHS wouldnt use my eggs because of FSH and AMH results so we were going to go down the road of egg donation, however now we've decided that maybe private clinics might accept me and my eggs Smile so we are looking into that now...its expensive!!! but worth it Smile
I'd be so interested to hear how yous got on so keep us posted ...please Smile Thanks and best wishes x
AlliWant
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:08 am 
Post subject:
PS: just wondering has anyone heard of this happening for anybody else ie: NHS stating that they could not use your eggs and then a private clinic that is willing to? Just wondering if DH and I would be wasting our time? Thanks Smile xx
blossom35
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. Got results today. Not good. Less than 1Sad they're basically saying donor eggs as likely to be poor response. Too be honest I wasn't really listening after this point. Got the call at work this morn so just had to keep it together. Feel numb. Sick. Lost. Consultant is writing too me. But think it's time to get off this roller coaster. How is everyone else getting on x
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
Aww sorry it's not the news you wanted. I don't fully understand but is their nothing that can help?! Take time to
take it all in. I know egg donors are not an easy option but have a long think about it.

Get your OH to give you lots of TLC.

Xx
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Blossom sorry it wasn't the result you wanted, but don't give up yet, with the right clinic who are used to treat women with low AMH then you're still in with a chance Smile it just means you wont get as many eggs but there are ways of improving your chances and some clinics offer tandem cycles with a donor so you have both options if you don't respond well Smile EU clinics are often much cheaer as well due to lower overheads ,I had a quote froma czech clinic for under £3,000 with ICSI and going to blast, it would be more with a donor but still far cheaper than here (reprofit ) xxx
wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry Blossom I lost this thread, only just reading this now. So sorry about your result. Like the others say there are options they just need lots of thinking through. Hope you're ok hon.
Nat the Czech clinic sounds interesting, so good to know there are possibilities whatever the outcome.- Teebs they just tske bloods and then test for anti mullerian hormone which tells them how many eggs you have left, I think? I had my test - apparently I will be invited to follow-up appt when all my tests are done to discuss future action.
xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular