Temper Tantrums......

cuddles72
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:40 pm 
Post subject: Temper Tantrums......
Our daughter has just turned 1 on 5th Aug and over the last week or so has started trowing full on tantrums if she can't get her own way. She has learnt to climb up the back of our sofa to get to the window ledge. When we stop her she throws a tantrum, She seems to have lost all interest in her toys and just wants to get into mischief (which i know is normal) But the tantrums are awful, we tend to just lay her on the floor until she gets it out of her system as the more attention she gets the worse it gets. Has anyone else had the same problem with their 1yr old???? Really need ideas and to know we aren't on our own.

rachelle79
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
Oh yes I'm with you on that one! If we so much as tell our one year old no she throws herself on the floor kicking and screaming. She throws her toys across the room and has been known to head butt the floor. I just wait until she's finished and then go back to playing x
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
yip this is normal. my daughter is 17 months and she has the odd tantrum, especially if she cant get her way. Try distracting them with something else before the tantrum starts. eg, as soon as my one starts to perform, i say. look at the spider, omigosh its going to bite you, then i pick her up and we play a hide game. this distracts her immediately and the tantrum is forgotten. i'm not saying its going to work for everyone, but trying to distract them, does help with most kids.
best wishes
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
I think at that age they're just starting to test the boundaries as they kind of 'find their voice'.....my LO went from perfect baby to rampaging toddler basically overnight haha!

I know its hard and frustrating but the best thing I found was to totally ignore it, like you say it gets worse when they get any kind of reaction. Mine used to try to climb on the sofa so I used to just pick her off and say simply 'no'. She'd go mad and keep trying but the more you just ignore it and simply remove her from it then she'll get bored.

When mine tried laying on the floor kicking and screaming I'd just step over her, tell her she looked very silly and walk away.......I lost count of the amount of times she'd instantly stop and follow me.

You will knock it on the head if she realises she doesn't get anywhere when she does it hun.

xx
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Ladies Very Happy

Now don't feel like it's just our LO. Never had this with my son when he was the same age so whole new experience lol. She had a full on meltdown tantrum the other evening which lasted a good 15 minutes. All because i moved her from climbing up the furniture to get to the laptop. Am so hoping it's a short lived phase she is going through lol
xxxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular