feeding??

boswell5711
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:53 am 
Post subject: feeding??
Hello
Just had my wonderful son almost 2 months ago now. I have some questions on feeding. My son is bottle fed and was doing great but then developed acid reflux. So right now we are thicking his formula with rice cereal. I had to go out and buy different nipples for the Dr. Brown bottles and went from 1 to a 3, then he was gulping so I bought a level 2. Now it seems like it takes him forever and he falls asleep and sometimes now only takes 3 ounces instead of 4 or 5 like he has been doing for about 2 weeks now. Is it ok for him to do that? Also he sometimes goes almost 6 hours without eating, then sometimes it is 3 to 4 hours. I just want to make sure he is getting enough and not going to get dehydrated.

Also tonight he ate at 5:30, 5 ounces and it was 9 and was acting hungry so I made a bottle and the little booger only drank one ounce. So now do I wait till he is hungry or should I expect him to be hungry around 10:30 or 11:00 like normal? I know now he had a little to let him go a little bit longer, but I don't no when is the point to where I need to wake him up to feed him.

He has also been congested the past couple of days. No fever, just a clear running nose and congested. Should I make sure he is getting enough fluids?

Sorry for all the questions. New, over worried and over tired mom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular