Ectopic pregnancy? early stages...

lou1988
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:35 pm 
Post subject: Ectopic pregnancy? early stages...
i am 8 weeks pregnant this sunday, i went to the hospital nearly two weeks ago to take a pregnancy test as 2/4 test came out positive. the doctor said to me i am not pregnant but i new there was something wrong so they done a hcg test on my blood and it came out positive at a very low count. that was when they told me i could be having an ectopic pregnancy they have taken two more bood tests on me and my hcg level has rised from 157 - 209 in 2 days and then in the last 6 days it has gone from 209- 357. doctors want another test done this monday and aint telling me whats goin on does any one know what could be happpening???
Doddsy
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome to the forum hun
I'm afraid i can't help as i've never had an ectopic pregnancy but there are a couple of ladies on here who have and i'm sure they will be able to tell you what happened with them xxx
lou1988
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you. I'm hoping someone can give me some info, as i have been told two different things from the hospital. xx
donner
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:17 pm 
Post subject: ectopic pregnancy
hi lou1988, sorry to hear what you are going through, i went through the same in april of this year,i went back and for to the hospital for 3 weeks trying to get some answers from the docs. mine started with a bad back, just went for a check up. so they sent me to the epu. for some scans. which showed nothing in my utrus and i was 7 weeks pregnant, had blood done ever to days. to see if my hgc levels where rising. they where going up but not as they where supposed to., by the 3 thrid week, they said to me after another 2 scans that they couldnt see nothing and that it was more than likely an ectopic, so they gave me 2 choices, do nothing and wait , or have the methotraxe jab, so i had the jab that nite , which was horrid, i couldnt belive it was happening to me,because i had already had 3 lovely children, and never had a problem, now 6 months later i cant seem to get pregnant again, hope it all works out for you.donner4468.
lou1988
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:59 pm 
Post subject: scan shows echofree area getin bigger bt still low hcg level
hey, thanks 4 writin bk, i had a scan today coz i started bleeding this mornin there was a echofree area in my womb they think its a baby and might not b growin properly or its ectopic and that echofree area is blood but it has grown from 6.6mm to 11.2mm in a week my tests in my urine r still coming up negative and my hcg levels r still low but going up, is it possible that two eggs were fertilised but only one is the right place??? im sorry to hear u went through this but ave been told that u ave to wait 6 months to try again after the jab so i hope i hear from u soon sayin ur pregnant take care donna4468
xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
hey hun

i went through the same this year in may.. they did th hcg tests and everything.. but they sent me for early scans.. which they should be doing with u especially if u are 8 weeks! as the heartbeat can definitely be seen by then plus they can also see if baby is in the tube or ur uterus.

They cant leave u in the lurch like that, i would deifnitely bring it up next time ur there.. if not sooner. Its a good sign that ur hcg is going up.. it could just be early preg hun.. i really hope ur alright babe xxxx
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 pm 
Post subject:
hey, thanks 4 messaging me, so what did everything turn out ok? im just scared that ive got one baby in my womb and one else where but going bk to doctors on monday bring it up then thanks xx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
I don't really have experience with this type of hcg problem as when I have had miscarriages my hormones have been low and then dropped, but I just wanted to wish you luck for monday. Hopefully you get some proper answers on monday and hopefully all is well. As Mum2B said you should be having scans to check, but maybe they will do this on monday. Hope you are ok.

jenniferHELP
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:30 am 
Post subject: My ectopic
When I had my ectopic pregnancy my HCG levels rose very slowly but was rising. I didn't know it was an ectopic pregnancy I was about 5 weeks along. Same thing with me they didn't tell me much just told me not to stress and it could be normal. Mine was on the verge of rupture by the time it needed to be removed. If you ever have severe pain in your lower abdomen get to the hospital asap. A ruptured tube can cause you to bleed to death if untreated. Good luck and hope it isn't a tubal. I took mine very hard.
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:34 am 
Post subject:
welcome to the forum hun xxxxxxxxx
never had an ep but there are a few ladies on here that can advise xxxxxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
Im so sorry you are going through this. Your hcg levels should double every 48hours with a normal pg. I had an EP in March and the first sign was pain and bleading. I had shoulder tip pain and lower one sided pain. My hcg levels were far to low for 6 wks so they scan me. Unfortunately my tube had ruptured and I had to have an op. Its a really hard thing to go through so I understand you are obviously distressed. I have heard of some ladies when two eggs fertilise and one is ectopic and one not I think its called a hetroectopic pg. I hope you are ok and wish you well hun. Take care. Pupx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular