Expressing...

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:20 pm 
Post subject: Expressing...
Hello all... Im confused Confused (doesnt take much Laughing )
When expressing i know you have to write the date on well.. Can you express into the same bag throughout the day then put it in the freezer/fridge? or does each time i express have to be stored seperately?? Confused Xxx

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
I went to a bf support group thingy and that was asked. They said that yes you can as long as in the same 24 hour period.

Mandy xx
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
Oh right thankyou very much and do you know how long breastmilk keeps without being put in fridge/freezer? I read it was 12 hours? Confused As i was going to express at night and take it up in a bottle would that be ok? Xx

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
Not sure, but i would refrigerate as soon as expressed really as the longer it is left at room temp the more chance there is of bacteria building up.

It keeps at the back of the fridge for 5 days and 3 months in the freezer. If giving milk from freezer, give the milk 24 hours in the fridge to defrost before using and dont microwave. If heating, put milk into bottle and warm in a bowl of hot water. Only takes about five mins to get to right temp (tested on back of wrist)

Hope that helps,

MAndy xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular