Naughty I know....

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:43 am 
Post subject: Naughty I know....
My oh Is away on holiday at the moment and last night Lily stayed in the bed with me.
I breast feed so she is always brought into our bed for feeds anyway and then popped back into her moses basket after.
So anyway last night she was near me but not too close and she had our duvet on her. She slept better than I have ever known! Her last feed was around 10pm and she didn't have another one until 4:30am! And then again at 8:30am.
I'm now wondering if I should think about putting her in her cot rather than Moses basket and wether a duvet would help her sleep longer. I know they no duvets in case they cover babies face but if you do it properly you can avoid it anyway.

I just wondered what other thought about it?
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
I reckon go for cot!

You can get coverlets, kind of in between a blanket and a duvet really. Josh has one and he sleeps well. I was worrying about him getting cold though as he kept waking out of covers and a bit congested so now i use a sleeping bag and coverlet. ( i know its not recommended but always did this with Sophia and she slept really well like it) I find this has helped josh quite a lot, though we dont have long lovely gaps like you lol but he does seem more comfy and settled llike that.

I also found for a while Josh slept much better in our bed than his own and i def think its to do with the extra warmth.

I think dont worry too much about the advice, just make it safe as poss and see how she gets on. But then i'm not really one for sticking completely to the 'rules'! lol

Mandy xx
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
I was told your smell is reassuring to them so I spent the day with Georges bedding and also fed him with a little comforter teddy and then put him to bed with these and it really helped. So whether you go for moses basked or cot I would make the bedding smell of you or your partner.

Have you tried a sleeping bag? When George was tiny we used to warm his bed with a hot water bottle before we put him down.
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:56 pm 
Post subject:
William always sleeps better if I put him in with us.

I've found since we started using sleeping bags he settles easier too x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular