Am I crazy?

Berryanna
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:02 am 
Post subject: Am I crazy?
I was a week late with my period and was supposed to have it July 31st, I ended up having it August 7th. It only lasted three days. On the 11th and 12th,I had unprotected sex. I started ovulating on the 14th. Since then my body has not felt right. I have had light cramps and been very emotional lately. I went to the doctor on the 20th and got a blood test but it came back negative. I truly think I am pregnant and feel that I could of tested too early. The day after I had the test, I found a tiny bit of blood on my underwear and throughout have been feeling very thirsty and having milky white discharge. I also can smell things more than normal. I have no idea when my period is due considering it was a week late last time. I feel that was caused by stress. My period is fairly regular and I have it pinpointed down to either coming the 28th or the 3rd. My parents think I have depression but I know that's not it, Please help me am I crazy? or am I truly pregnant? Confused:At this point any advice is worth it...
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:43 am 
Post subject:
are your cycles normally 28 days? when you say you ovulated on 14th august is that basd on your period that should have started on 31st july? as it started on 7th august you probably wouldnt have ovulated until around the 21st, which could explain the symptoms you have been having.

if you know for certain you ovulated on 14th (you did OPKS/temping), then you are in with a good chance, but you probably wont get a positive until closer to the end of next week.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:38 am 
Post subject:
Bit confused by the dates etc. ? do you mean you ovulated on the 14th of august or the 14th day of your cycle ? Did you actually test for ovulation or ar you just presuming thats when it would have been ? I presume you mean the 14th of august but that would be very early to ovulate at just day 8 of your cycle Question
If one cycle last a week longer than normal (and technically you probably weren't "late" for your period as such but had just ov'd a week later than normal ,you're only really "late" if you know when you ov and then no period shows up when you'd expect it to after that )
Then your next cycle could well just revert back to your normal cycle, or it could stay the same length as the previous one, as Steph said a lot of the things you describe such as the blood could be due to ovulation so could the cramps and feeling emotional, all the symptoms too can be perfectly noraml afte ovulation due to the hormonal changes going on in your body , the white discharge is totally normal for after ovultaion (cm around ov time tends to be clear and can resemble raw egg white so that can help pin point ov )
No idea if you're pregnant but I would wait until you're closer to when your period would arrive on a normal cycle before testing , if thats around 28 days then thats about the 4th of August , ifthe 20th/21st was ovulation time then you wouldn't get a result even on an early test until at least 10 days after that maybe even longer xx
Berryanna
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
Sad This gets very confusing. I thought when you ovulate you are supposed to get the globs of the sticky clear stuff. I did get a clear sticky discharge but it wasn't the normal globby looking ones. If that makes sense? Instead the milky discharge came.I know my dates are confusing but I normally follow the 28 days. Assuming, I really wasn't late then the ovulation started when it was supposed too right?
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
a new cycle starts when you get your period, so if your period had come on time then you would have ovulated around the 14th, but as your period was a week later then normal a whole new cycle starts and that makes your ovulation date a week later then if your period had been on time.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:34 am 
Post subject:
As Steph said you can't count from when you're period should have arrived, it doesn't work like that each cycle is an individual thing so you count your cycle day (cd) from the first day of each period , and with a 28 day cycle then ov could be any time from cd10 to cd18 , cm can be a big clue but not every woman witll see the clear very stretchy type as it can tend to just stay up near the cervix , but your cm should go through a bit of a cycle of being none existant or white and sticky just after your period, then turning clear but watery (and maybe slightly stretchy)a few days before you ovulate, then turning into ewcm (the very stretchy stuff ) and that can be for anything from 24 hrs to as much as 5 days that you get that over ovulation time (the younger you are generally the longer it lasts Question ) and then after ovulation within 24 hrs it goes back to white and can be either milky or sticky and thick , then you can have the odd day of clear again often around 7 days post ovulation (DPO) and then for some women just before their period starts it will go clear but watery .
So bawsically when you get the first lot of clear but thin cm that means your fertility is rising and you should start to BD, actual EWCM you may or may not see but the return of white cm usually means ov has happened Smile
When i said you weren't technically considered "late" unless you know when you ov'd and then your period didn't come the normal time after that i just meant a 35 day cycle might be unusual for you but if you ov'd on say cd21 instead of 14 then your period was actually on time (as in turned up 15 days later) its just you had a longer cycle because you ov'd late (which can happen when you're stressed ).
When it's happened to me I always know as i track ovulation so i know not to expect my period until later than normal but i don't consider myself late unless it doesn't arrive by 15 days after i ov'd (hope I'm not confusing things further Embarassed Laughing )
If you had one cycle where you didn't ovulate until cd21 though it is possible your body is acting up and you did ovulate as early as cd8 this time , it can happen that early Question But you would still have to wait until about 12 to 14 days after that to test if you want a reliable result Smile
So another few days yet Smile xx
Berryanna
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:23 am 
Post subject: Back to the calender
I went back to check my dates and I forgot that I also had un-protected sex on the 16th or 17th. Which would be on time if ovulation occurred 14 days after my period. The question is, Can the drop of blood I found on the 21st be implantation bleeding?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
It could be anything I'd try not to read anything into it as it really could be from anything either to do with your hormones or from your cervix being a little irritated ,or even if it was 14 days into your cycle it could be from ovulation Smile (based on your AF being the 7th of August ) Are you saying your last period was earlier than you thought though if the 16th/17th was 2 weeks in to this cycle Question
If so then there is a chance it could be implantation but you can also have hormonal spotting from the lining of your womb after ovulation so its very hard to know whats what , FC for you though xx
Berryanna
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:17 pm 
Post subject: Ughhhh
UPDATE: On the day (August 28th) I would have had my period had my cycle been normal I got a white milky discharge and started light cramps. Yesterday, I was really supposed to start my period and the day before I got the white discharge again, still with cramps. I took an answer pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. I am so confused what is going on but this does not feel normal and I am sure of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular