Please help!!

Dottoh
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:57 pm 
Post subject: Please help!!
Hi everyone,
Am confused, anxious, worried and stressed out. My last periods were on 11th July 2012. 3 weeks ago I took a home pregnancy test which turned out negative. Last week I went to see my doc who recomended a serum pdt test which turned out positive but weak reaction. Yesterday I did a urine test, results were negative, today I went back to my doc and he adviced I repeat the blood test. It turned positive but still with weak reaction. I don't feel pregnant, only a little nauseated at times. Please help, AM I PREGNANT? If not, what is the meaning of this weak reaction?
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
I'm assuming (and I really dont have a lot of knowledge on this) that 'weak reaction' means that the level of pregnancy hormone is very low.

If there was little to no hormones present I thought they just said it was negative, so the fact they've said it was positive both times but with low levels is confusing. If you were pregnant the amount of hormones in your blood should be doubling every 48 hours (I think).

Did the doctor not say anything else . . ?

Have you tried another pregnancy test more recently?
Dottoh
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:18 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou for your reply. The doctor said I repeat the test after 1 week. My periods are normally very regular. It's 48 days since conception(if am pregnant) the concentration should be very high. If am not pregnant, what could be happening to me? Why the missed period? Am I sick or what? Am frustrated.
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:35 pm 
Post subject:
I would expect you to be getting a higher reading and positive tests if you were pregnant to be honest but I wouldnt rule it out completely.

I would pester the doctors about it if the next test comes back negative - it may be nothing (i didnt have a period for months because of PCO but didnt know for the first 4-5 months) or it could be a hormone inbalance, best to make sure the doctors are checking it out properly though.

Good Luck!
Dottoh
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:34 am 
Post subject:
Thanks again Raspich,
It's good to have someone to talk to at a time like this. You should know how I pestered the doc but he insisted on saying that may be the pregnant is very recent not 48 days as am asuming and that I should giv it time.
Waiting is all I have to do for now. 7 days will seem like forever. My Hubby was so excited you know. If it turns out negative I will not know how to tell him. He had major plans in place for me and the new baby.
I will do a scan or an ultra sound if the results will be same, that way I may be sure of what is going on.
I hope and pray that it is not ectopic pregnancy, or a growth or even worse menopause setting in. Ah! Sometimes life can be so unfair!
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
fingers crossed for you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular