Is it just me??

mom2AKM
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:48 am 
Post subject: Is it just me??
HEllo everyone,

I am new to the forum after a week in search for a good mommy forum, when I found this website I was quite excited.

So basically I am a mother of 3 my oldest is 10, my middle is 6 and my LO is 4 weeks. So as you can see it was a long stretch from my 6 year old to my newborn. But I feel like I am a first time mom, kind of depressed at times. Feeling very overwhelmed and also guilty, since I feel like I am letting my whole family down. My son's aunt had told me on Saturday that I have been a mother before so I should know what to do when my son cries but the truth of the matter is that I don't know sometimes. I know when he is hungry or has a dirty diaper but what about the other 40 times he cries throughout the day. I feel like this baby is harder than my other two, more fuzzy and sometimes doesn't sleep that long throughout the day. I keep telling myself it will get easier because I have to try to stay positive.

But did anyone else feel similar to me and if so when did it get easier?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:29 am 
Post subject:
Every baby is different and what works for one wont work with another, you just have to give it time until you start to learn what works best with this one Smile ,and ignore your sons aunty , her remark was tactless and unhelpful Rolling Eyes instead of making remarks she could maybe offer to look after your baby for an hour or two while you catch up on sleep .
You're not letting anyone down , it's not easy being a new mum and if you have a fussy baby it can make it harder still as you can feel like you never have a minute to yourself , I'd ask for help when people are around to give it , even if it's just to go and have a relaxing bath or a nap or to get something done , and i'm sure it will get easier with time once you and your baby settle into a routine Smile
It may be worth speaking to someone about possible PND as well as if you feel depressed a lot or as if you're not coping it can be a sign of that xx
GreenFish
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:48 am 
Post subject:
Every baby is different! Like anyone, they take a while to get to know and figure out, but you will get there. Smile

I think the best thing you can do for yourself and your family is let go of the guilt. As long as everyone stays fed and clean(ish!) and feels loved, you're doing a stellar job!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular