New Born Routine

aroc13
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:33 am 
Post subject: New Born Routine
Is there a particular routine for newborns 10 days ? It seems like some say that they should be eating sleeping and pooping but ours should include crying. Is it normal for a newborn to cry always outside of the essentials?
We would like to enjoy his company but he either cries or fusses when not sleeping or feeding? Is there something obvious gas or colic. How do you determine this?Mind you he still wants to eat when offered.

Please help us as we are still dealing with transition his night and days aswell.
Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:14 am 
Post subject:
New borns don't tend to have routines really it's a case of going with their ques at first.
As for the crying well to be honest it's difficult to know, it could just be part of his temperament or it could very well be wind.
Are you bottle or breast feeding? When he cries does it sound like he is in pain? Does he lift his legs up, does he struggle to go to the toilet, and do you wind him after every feed?
Sorry for all te questions it just hard to help when we don't know details.
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:31 am 
Post subject:
to be honest in the beginning it's trial and error. try burping more often, swaddling, white noise, movement, etc ... give things a chance to work before trying something new. but in the beginning lots of babies are unsettled, it's a huge change for them, too, going from the womb to the outside.

it DOES get better and easier as you get to know your baby. i thought i'd love the newborn phase the most but found that it was the hardest time ... it's easier and more fun once your baby is more predictable, but it takes a while to get there. good luck!

mclainpauline
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:23 am 
Post subject:
Baby crying is normal thing which you don't worry about that. Newborn baby is very sensitive about everything so crying is not so much matter. You have to now take care of clothing,wearing,diapers etc which are really very helpful for baby.I think you have to check up your baby with doctors regularly.
Peanut1983
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
It is to early for a routine. But he may have colic. My son has it. It sucks he is 2 1/2 months and all he does is cry. It gets better but ask ur doctor about it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular