Pubic bone pain

JenMatthews
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:27 am 
Post subject: Pubic bone pain
Hey,
Was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I'm 33weeks+5days pregnant with my first baby and I've got really really awful pain on my pubic bone. It is especially bad when I'm walking, standing on one leg or getting up from sitting to standing. I also have pain further back every so often although sometimes it's almost like a numb pressure. I also noticed that when my bladder is full it almost feels like everything is going to fall out. Sorry if TMI Laughing
If anyone has experienced this,is there anyway to reduce the pain?
Thanks Smile xxx

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Sounds like it could be an spd hun. Mention it to your mw xx

NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
As Lexismum said, defo sounds like SPD.
Speak to MW but also your Dr for stronger pain relief. I've been seeing the physio since about 19 weeks for it.

x
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:39 am 
Post subject:
Thanks guys, i spoke to my MW last night and she said it was probably SPD, as you said. So she has filled out a referral form so will hopefully hear from the physio people soonish!
It's become so awful now though, i woke up at 2am to go to the loo and still haven't managed to get back to sleep because of the pain! (it's now 4:38am) I've given up trying for now and have decided to eat some chocolate and watch a film. Hopefully I'll fit a nap in tomorrow Laughing

Thanks again to both of you Smile xx
NicMumOfTwo: do you have any tips for relieving the pain slightly, I won't be able to see my Dr until Monday and would really like some sleep before then! Laughing Any suggestions would be much appreciated Smile xx

NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:04 am 
Post subject:
Jen.....I feel for you. The pain is indescribable! I was up most of the night too. Night for me is the worst.
One thing is you won't get rid of it until birth it's just something that you have to try & prevent from getting worse.

Try & do things with your knees together. So when you get in the bath, sit on the edge and swing both legs together (I have together hubby to help). Same with getting in & out of car. If you have leather seats it's easier if not put a carrier bag on the seat as it helps you slide. When rolling over in bed do the same with knees together. You may find a pillow between your legs helps too.
I have taken to going up & down stairs on my bum cause it hurts so much, if not so bad take one step at time. Try not to lift anything particularly heavy. My limit is one carrier bag now. Don't push trolleys or buggys unless you have to. Freeze some sanitary towels and put one I between 2 pairs of knicks and I also find a warm wheat bag helps loads.

My mw told me that with taking codeine baby would be effected and need to be checked & kept in after. But, having seen the consultant last week he said not to worry, I can take bucket loads of it!! So I'm taking max does dr prescribed along with paracetamol.
Try & get to see a consultant too as if it get bad you can be induced. I'm seeing mine again at 36 weeks & reviewing it weekly cause I'm at the point where I just can't cope at all so looking at getting to 37 weeks for induction.

Hope some of this helps and that you manage to get a rest later. Feel free to message me if you want. All the best.

Xxx
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you! I'll definitely try out some of your suggestions Smile i went swimming today, thinking it would help the pain, but it just turned out to be worse afterwards and it took me an hour to walk home when it usually takes me 10 minutes at the most! The pain is just progressively getting worse and worse Sad

Do you know how it affects the birth? I'm hoping it won't mean that i will have to have extra monitoring as i was planning to have baby in the birthing centre rather than the labour ward :/

NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:42 am 
Post subject:
Oh dear. Swimming is ok so long as not doing breast stroke as this obviously parts the pubic bone more.
With regards to the birth I have managed it twice before with SPD you just need to be cautious of your position. The last thing you want is to end up in stirrups and being on your back isn't too good. I found kneeling hanging over the back of the bed good and also the birthing pool as it takes the weight somewhat.

I haven't had to have extra monitoring for it, just make the mw's aware of it. I plastered it in my birth plan to make sure they knew.

I have been on crutches for what seems like months now, but they do help take the pressure off a bit. Speak to physio once you get your referrel.

xx
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah, i didn't do breaststroke but think i over worked myself because it hurts a lot less in the water so i almost forgot and ended up doing what i think must have been too much.

Thanks for the reassurance Smile i was planning on trying to be in the water some of the time anyway so it's encouraging to know that that will help a bit. And definitely don't want to be on my back! Aiming for an active labour and birth Smile
I will make sure i write it clearly on my birth plan.

I will chat with them when i have my first appointment.

Isn't using crutches really uncomfortable? I can't imagine supporting my extra weight? But i suppose it's better that there's a little less pressure

xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular