Breastfeeding problem...

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:20 am 
Post subject: Breastfeeding problem...
Hello ladies.. My little princess was born on sunday (5/8/12) and im breastfeeding. In the 1st day or so i didnt really know much about it so the position and latching was wrong (this is why im sore) I feel more confident now little angels have been around to show me different aspects of breastfeeding.

I was just wondering when it wouldnt feel so sore? I put cream on after every feed but it still really hurts! At 1st its awful then it eases up a little but there is always pain there throughout! I get through the day but on a night with the lack of sleep too i get a little stressed because of the pain and she also seems much more demanding on a night..
I really dont want to stop breastfeeding but on a night thats all i think of and i feel im starting to dread each feed and i really dont want that because i love the bond we get when shes so close...
Sorry i just feel a bit useless Sad
Is there any advice any one has? Or have you been through this too?
Thanks Xxx

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:30 am 
Post subject:
I feel your pain hun Sad It was the same for me too, but it really does get better if you can stick it out. Just keep up with painkillers for now.
The soreness didn't ease as I ended up with mastitis at 10 days which made it feel like Sophie had razor blades in her mouth whenever she latched on, I said to the Dr I'd rather go through labour again! That lasted another week and I think if she was my first I would have given up, but I knew from feeding ds that it does get soooo much better, I think with him the soreness from learning to BF lasted no more than 2 wks. So if you want to carry on then try to stick it out hun as there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Congratulations btw Very Happy xxxx

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
Aww gem you poor thing, I had a similar problem with lily, she wouldn't open her mouth wide enough so her latch was off and it hurt! Unfortunatly it will probably hurt some for a couple of weeks, as well as latching problems your nipples just are not use to being used in this way, they kinda need to toughen up, it does happen but takes a couple of weeks or so.
The last day or do has been easier for me and Lily is 2 weeks old tomorrow.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
Its only like that for about a week or so and then it feels better

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:02 pm 
Post subject:
Really hope so! i knew it would hurt at first but OUCH!!!! Confused
They are cracked and sore and blistery and slightly bruised!! And they say this is natural! Laughing I noticed on the internet though if you express a little bit of milk and let it air-dry it might help and that seems to be doing the trick so they arent hurting as much inbetween feeds ive also got some cream too.. I think once it feels better i will be glad i stuck it out. Thankyou ladies Smile

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
i know how you feel!

it does get better i promise when i was feeding for the first 10 days i made what my husband called my " cor blimey " face! every time i latched my son on i made the face! but the toe curling does go after 10 days - 2 weeks and after the first 2 weeks and the milk has settled down it was easy xxx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:26 am 
Post subject:
It does seem to of eased up a little now still toe curling but getting there Smile
like you all say its worth it in the end. Thankyou all i think i would of change to bottle without support Xxx

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
it does get easier, i am still breastfeeding my daughter who is 10months old, it was sore to start with but i had help to get her to latch on and position which is easyer, we are here to help, if you need it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular