Demanding 3 month old bubba.....

kelchatters
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:25 pm 
Post subject: Demanding 3 month old bubba.....
Hiya,

I just wanted a little bit of advice/direction.

My little boy is 13 weeks old, and a happy little boy as soon as someone talks to him always smiling, cooing etc! however when I am at home it's a different story i put him on his playmat but as soon as I walk out the room to maybe do something in kitchen or go loo Very Happy he is crying/screaming, can't get him to enjoy playmat, swing etc.

As I say a happy little boy, but struggling when I am at home. Does anyone else have this? how do you deal with it?

My mum said let him cry 5 mins and get on with what you are doing. However I just think he would keep going. I am from a pretty big family so when I am at parents he is suurounded by people and probably centre of attention, which isn't helping at home when I am on my own Confused

At 3 months I feel it's too young to keep letting him go on crying.

I am a first time mum, so no idea how to deal with this,

xxxxxx
AliJo
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

My daughter is 13 weeks and very similar. When theres other people around to distract her she's good and quiet. When we're at home alone I can't leave her for long without her crying. I hate to hear her crying but sometimes I can't always go to her straightaway, but as soon as I get to her she soon quietens down so no harm done. I try to only put her on her own when she's been fed and content to prevent her getting too upset. I also spend time playing with her on her mat and bouncy chair so she doesn't acociate them with me leaving her. Depending on what your doing you could try putting her in a sling so she's with you?
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
I had heard that the 'controlled crying' thing doesn't work for such littlies because they can't self-settle/self-sooth until around 4-5months old so I wouldn't say leaving him would be best... but that is just me.

I would suggest the same... play with him at the mat etc so he doesn't associate it with being left... erm... other than that - perhaps put a radio on or something when you are leaving him alone so that he is still surrounded by talking/noise?
Hope some other experienced mummies have better tips!
xxx

Rabbit2812
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
Totally agree about the whole point about them not being able to self settle at this age but if you need to leave the room then you just have to. Dont worry about them crying for 5 mins while you pop to the loo, they wont get hurt by it. My LO is now 13 months old and still whines a bit when I leave the room. You just learn to priorities things and if things can be left until later then do it. Very Happy

Jump to:  

Community

Popular