boots test

ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:50 pm 
Post subject: boots test
My friend did a test today the boots one that comes up with a cross she got a cross but the line is very faint n not thick more like full line just the start would you say this is still positive we av been into boots an they said won't be evap line as takes 24hrs and wouldn't be coloured advice needed ladies lol xxxx
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
I'd try a different test ?
I've had false pos lines on a few brands (ic's ,FRER, CB +/-), they weren't evaps as they were definately coloured but i just felt they didn't look right, on of the worst was a clearblue +/- test, don't know if the boots ones are similar , i had 2 out of a 3 pack that both had an upright line but they wren't as wide as the control and the 3rd had no line , used another brand and also no line Rolling Eyes .
If she tests with another brand thats as least as sensitive as the boots ones as well and get a line then I think its safe to say she's pregnant , if not its probably just a defective test xx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
iv had loads of those thin lines on sainsburys tests which are the same blue +/-, and its not a positive. i would definately do another test, but a pink dye one

ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
thanks girls we went into boots and the pharmacist said if any colour line appears no matter how long its a positive but its really thin like just at start of where line should be ..she bought more of same tests and is doin it in the morning with first wee if still the same could you recommend a better test as boots ones dont say what sensitivity they are Thanks xxx
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
First response early response are 15 miu, so are Asda's own brand tests , i think tesco's own brand are 25 miu but a lot of ladies on here got their BFP's with those when others didn't show anything Question
This is what my CB's looked like (if you can see its blurry sorry )

blue but thin and to one side of the test area xx
ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks looks kinda the same my camera won't show it n cnt post it of my phone ..think she goin to do more Will update you when she has thanks again xx
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
Tesco homebrand are the best I have found - picked me up 10DPO using last thing at night piddle too! Smile

For me CB digi showed nothing where the Tesco ones did, and FRER was so faint even when Tesco showed a clear line.

Good luck to your friend Smile x

amelie10
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:38 am 
Post subject:
Hi there. I did a boots test yest but was negative. Just I am at least. 7 days late have a stinking cold which I read is sometimes a symptom . Have other symptoms but keep thinking I'm raising my hopes and their just the normal monthly symptoms. Took the test in the afternoon so thinking maybe I'd drank to much water by then? Anyone similar? Xx
Pumpkin80
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:59 am 
Post subject:
I'm now between 4 and 6 days late. Had period like aches for over a week just not a strong and the start of a cold. Thought my period arrived this morning (little feint pink when I wiped but nothing else 2nd time-sorry tmi!) Not been as hungry and only wanted to eat very little amounts which isnt like me! Did a test 2 days ago mid afternoon with a cheap paper stick you put into urine which was negative. Not sure what to think now? Any help would be great. Thanks x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular