FINALLY!!!! :-D)))))

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:13 pm 
Post subject: FINALLY!!!! :-D)))))
Well to those of you lovely ladies who have given advice on my terrible potty training skils I'd just like to report a major breakthrough.........tonight she asked to go on the toilet and did a wee Clap Clap Clap Clap

I was running her bath and she took her pull-ups off and ran away so I shouted through to her (she was in my bedroom and its carpeted) that if she did a wee in the floor in there she was in big trouble and she was to come and tell me if she wanted a wee. Anyway literally a few seconds later she come running into the bathroom and asked for Peppa (her little toilet seat attachment thing is a Peppa Pig one) so I asked if she wanted the toilet to which she very anxiously said 'yeah yeah yeah' so I popped her on and she did a wee!!! She was so made up wkith her little self as well haah!

I'm not gonna get too excited as I'm sure it was a total one off for the time being but it literally is brilliant progress ha! I'm made a bit of a fuss about her being a big clever girl and she gave herself a little clap so I'm hoping that the next time I have her out of a nappy/pull-ups she'll know to ask to go again.....please let this be it starting to sink in!

xx
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:21 am 
Post subject:
Thats great. I can sympathise, Imogen took so long to potty train and was a bit of a nightmare really. She's basically been potty trained since June but was still having accidents maybe 4times a week (mostly cause she can't be bothered to walk to the toilet) but something has clicked this last few weeks and she's taking herself to the toilet really well. It's such a relief. Good luck for the next few weeks of potty training.

NicolaOasis
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds like a break through Smile

Aimee took ages to potty train, we eventually got it done but she would only pee in the potty so it took her another 2 months before i could get her on the big girl toilet but she's trained during the day and she doesnt have any accidents.

But she still wears a pull up at night, she just doesnt seem ready to be trained at night, going to give it another try over the october week holiday xx
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:01 am 
Post subject:
I'm not too worried about conquering the nights just yet, no-one will know if shes still wears a pull-up to bed but I'm starting to get a bit conscious that at her age she'll be one of the very few in nursery that still wear pull-ups during the day.

Tried her on the toilet again last night but no success.....think I need a good run at it so looks like I'll have to book a few days off work and just go for it!

Wish I had a downstairs loo as well as she wont budge on the potty, hates it! Seems to do much better when it comes to the toilet and if we had a downstairs one it would make it much easier I think.

xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular