Rash on thighs / tummy

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:14 pm 
Post subject: Rash on thighs / tummy
Hi. I noticed DS had a rash on his thighs (both and all the way around, patchy and red) about 3 weeks ago. Little bumps. Sometimes its skin colour, other times its red.
He then got a small patch on his tummy - just where the top of his nappy reaches. Its now gotten bigger and its itchy. His legs don't seem to itch.
I took him to the dr on Wed and she said eczema - but can they get eczema from one day to the next?? I'm not so sure that's what it is, but nothing has really changed in his environment - or the things that have (using 0% washing powder - no smells etc.. and different bath gel) I would have thought would have caused a reaction all over his body, not just 2 parts.
Any ideas please? Thanks. x

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, this sounds like what my little boy gets, is it like really dry skin patches? He had eczema as a baby and it cleared up around 9 months, now he gets the odd patches here and there like this and I've noticed its got worse recently which I think is the colder weather. I just use diprobase cream every morning and night when I change him and that keeps it under control
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
So far its just red, I haven't noticed it getting dry and when it turns skin colour you practically can't see it... I keep thinking its gone and then it comes back red again....
He did have some eczema as a baby and then it went away totally. This is SUCH alot.. Sad
I've been using a greasy cream that the doctor told me to use, but it hasn't really made a difference. She also recommended a cream made from honey - I have some in the cupboard, so might try that as of tonight.
Thanks for your reply. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular