TMI discharge

JenMatthews
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:35 pm 
Post subject: Is this it?!
The day before last I had what felt like contractions in my back, yesterday I had contractions in my stomach but they were about 20minutes apart and only lasted around 20-30seconds, they also varied in intensity, so I'd have a really awful one the I couldn't talk through then have one that was only a little sore and there was no pattern to the intensity change. When they weren't that bad I took some paracetamol and managed to fall asleep although I got woken up every so ooften by a bad one. This morning they're the same, but bad ones are coming more often than the only slightly sore ones. Is this the beginning of my labour? If so, how long can this annoying stage last? And is there anything I can do to speed things along?!

xx

Bobski1980
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:53 am 
Post subject:
It sounds like it, my first contraction was at 1am when I got up for the toilet and felt like a really bad period pain. Then I had one at 2am, then they were really irregular for ages about every 15-20 minutes. They didn't get any closer than 10 minutes apart and I went into hospital at 4pm that day. I wanted to labour at home as long as possible. I had decided I would go in at 3 minutes apart but they were getting quite painful. I was 5cm when I got to hospital. I had my baby at 8:30 the following morning. It is so different for everyone but normally the first takes a while and the beginnings of labour can come and go in some people. Mine also varied in pain so it does sound like the beginnings. There is nothing you can do to speed it up once it's started your body will do things in it's own time. Best thing you can do is relax, eat something light, take some paracetamol and have a bath. Oh and make sure your bag is ready! Good luck Very Happy

JenMatthews
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:13 am 
Post subject:
Haha, it's just a really annoying stage! Hopingthings will start moving along soon!
Thanks Smile xx

dhivyamathankumar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 am 
Post subject: when to check
Hi Bobski1980
ok i understand what you are saying .i have a checkup on coming monday i ill ask that this is good are bad to doc thanks .but now a days i feel very lazy and sleepy even i cant cook Sad is it normal?i cant even tolerate the smell of the kitchen.
Bobski1980
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
When I was 4-6 weeks pregnant I was getting period type cramps and a pain on my right side. I was told this is stretching and preperation of the uterus and implantation of the fertilised egg to the uterine wall, it was never that bad and did go away. With ectopic pregnancy this pain will get worse and maybe sharp on one side, or present as shoulder tip pain. There will most likely be bleeding which also gets worse. You may feel very dizzy and may vomit or have diahrreoa

Yes it's normal to be very tired, dizzy and feel very sick in the early days especially. Some people feel sick and tired all the way through. It's because the tiny baby is taking all it's nutrients from you to grow and develop and these feelings are all good signs.

It is a good idea to get some pregnancy vitamins if you haven't already, there is a brand called pregnacare but they are very expensive, the supermarket own brands are about £12 cheaper and do exactly the same thing. They have the right balance of vitamins for you and the growing baby including folic acid which is really important for baby in the first three months.

The best thing you can do is try not to worry, relax and get plenty of sleep. Drink lot's of water and avoid caffiene. inger can gelp with the nausea like ginger tea or ginger biscuits. My sickness was particluarly bad and didn't help me but many find it does. I couldn't even walk into my kitchen without being sick! It horrible Very Happy but so worth it in the end.

Jen I agree the most frustrating bit but at least it's started Very Happy I was in labour 31 hours start to finish. I used my latent phase to have lots of baths and chill! Also make sure you eat as I was in labour so long I didn't have anything for about 20 hours and I have never felt so drained after. Good luck!

dhivyamathankumar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Bob Very Happy may be its hard to ignore this symptoms but iam happy to heard that its a good
sign my little one is making room ha Laughing ok iam really happy i wanna say another thing that
i feel soreness in my right boobs is it good that in one side only????

Bobski1980
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think you have anything to worry about Smile

dhivyamathankumar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi bob today did the scan i saw my little cute baby with good heart beat Laughing hehhe Smile
iam really happy i took a photo too it look like this 1 inch bean shaped
wow its really a aw-sum moment Very Happy
Bobski1980
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh that's great, it's the best feeling seeing baby on screen for the first time. So happy for you hun. Now you must try and relax and stop worrying! Very Happy

dhivyamathankumar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:54 am 
Post subject:
ya its really a aw-sum moment iam really happy and my next appointment is 21 nov i waiting to see my baby again Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular