Waking during night @ 15 mths

peggy1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:17 am 
Post subject: Waking during night @ 15 mths
Hi everyone

Im at my wits end, trying to stay patient and positive with my wee girl who is 15 mths, she slept thru the night from 8 weeks old, which was gr8 but now she tends to wake some nights usually about 1 or 2 am and sometimes this can go on til 4 or 5 in morning! I have tried the controled crying but its hard and only works sometimes, but when we go thru to check her she mostly stops moaning. I thot may be her teeth so i would give her calpol or calgel and hope that would work but most recently it has made no difference, which makes me think not her teeth, and the fact she stops when we go in makes me think shes at it!!!!!! We dont let her sleep in our bed so its not that she wants to come in with us, i think also we were lucky that she slept thru early as a baby and take it ill out now she doesnt! its very frustrating, leading to arguements with my husband cos we are cranky! Last night she woke at 12 with a cough, gave her cough medicine and that was her up moaning/crying until 4am! I really dont know what to do to try and get her sleeping thru! I can deal with anything thru out the day if i have had a nights sleep, but hard when you are exhausted and losing confidence in yourself!!!!!! Help?!?!?!?
Shaesmummy
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Peggy1 i also have a none sleeping 15month old, try not to lose too much heart, you do all you can and you do it well. Some people say children's sleep patterns can be interupted when they are learning new things, is your child learning new words she may want to try these out on you although the timing is not great, have you tried role swapping and sending dad in to deal with her when she wakes.
Other than the above i'm sorry i have no other advice or suggestions
Good luck keep smiling Smile
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:06 am 
Post subject: not alone
Hi, just so you know you're not alone. My daughter also slept through the whole night when she was eight weeks old. this stopped when she was seven months old and since then there's only a night of sleeping-through every now and then. Luckily she only wakes up and when I go in I can either give her a drink of water or take her out of her bed (in the dark) and hold her a while. Then she signals she wants to go back to bed and goes straight back to sleep.

But yesterday night it was different. I don't know what happened and was worried because she wouldn't let me touch her and cried in a panic and was really hysteric. It only took ten minutes but felt like ages and she's never usually like this. I instantly thought something was wrong, because she started these panic attacks since monday, when she fell off the couch by mistake. But apart from that she is perfectly normal. Maybe it's just some back teeth coming through or still the shock from falling down. I don't know, wanted to go to the doctors but now she's normal again. Will wait and see how this develops.

But I have also read that children change their sleep patterns now and then and mostly when they have learned something new or seen exciting things during the day.
MummytoDevinnkelsi
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
I also have this problem with my son who was 1 on friday. He slept right thru from 6weeks and started waking up thru the night wen he was 10months,but me or my oh just used 2 put him in bed beside us (sumthing we said we'd never do) and he goes 2 sleep straight away! which is good.we get sum nights where he sleeps right thru till 7.30 in his own cot. i think its his teeth but also think he's getting used 2 sleeing beside us now that he wants that all the time. I told my oh that we'll have 2 try and stop it as i'm 24wks pregnant and got a really big bump and he kicks me in the tummy and the bak,its a nitemare.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular