Sleeping during the day

Joczup
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:49 pm 
Post subject: Sleeping during the day
My baby is now 4 months old and for the last 1/2 months we've been having a hard time getting him to sleep during the day. When he does go down, it's usually after I've fed him and he'll stay down for no longer than 1/2 hour at a time. When he starts getting fussy, we usually pick him up. As he is almost 19 pounds, this method is extremely tiring and doesn't ensure that he'll fall asleep right away.

My concern is that I don't want him to associate sleep with nursing and I want him to be able to sleep more during the day and to not need to be picked up all the time. Does anyone have advice on how to address these issues Question
rocketfuel
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:04 am 
Post subject: day sleeeping
hi i have a 5month he sleeps althrough the night. but when it comes to the day hes a different boy. i do a feed play sleep routine. riley wakes at 7 i try putting him down at 9 and he only sleeps for 20 mins at a time. and has 4 to 5 sleeps a day. Have you had any good advice . sos i need help. doyou put your baby in the cot asleep?
youngmum07
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:50 am 
Post subject: during the day
i was having problems getting my son to sleep in the day till somebody suggested wrapping him up warm and letting him sleep in his pram outside in the garden during the day.unbelievably it worked brilliantly,i couldn't honestly tell you why,whether its the fresh air or the sounds im not sure but he sleeps for at least 2 hours now.

hope this helps.
klmn
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:49 pm 
Post subject: sleep trouble
sometimes my 11 week old will wake up b4 she is supposed to this is normal but you have to let them settle themselves back off to sleep sometimes they will cry but it wont harm them they will get used to it quickly!! if you carry on nursing them to sleep your baby will have deep sleep association problems later on if they havent already 1 if you know they are fed clean and warm let them settle themselves in their cot always 1 i hope this helps xx
Emails
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:26 am 
Post subject:
Hi there,

I had the same problem too. My baby was waking up after 1/2 hour but she was still tired. My advice would be to work out why he is waking. Is it noise, need to burb, hungry? For me my bub had wind and was hungry. I have the same nap time routine, which is book, top up, burping, wrapping, lullaby CD on, cuddle, then in the cot on her side. I found she sleeps longer if she is put on her side during the day. I bought the peanut cushions to stop her from rolling. Since I have been putting her in the cot to fall asleep, she has been sleeping so much better. She cries a bit at first but it never takes her more than 5 minutes to nod off.
Apparently though some babbies are cat nappers. If he is having 5-6 a day and seems happy then maybe that is ok??
Hope this helps
Good luck!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular