when do we try to concieve

leon22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 pm 
Post subject: when do we try to concieve
My wife has started her period today. Her cycle is about every 28 days but can merely bleed for about 2_3 days. Where both very confused when the best time to concieve is. Im a 10 year old vasectomy reversal which was successfully done in may 2012. We need to maximise our chances for conception but all this ovulation days before and after are simply confusing. Can any kind soul give a little guidance or how to work it out. Please
littleted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
There are ladies who will know better than me but as far as I understand, ovulation will be about day 14 (with day one being the first day of her period). This may vary slightly from cycle to cycle but ovulation happens 14 days before her next period so with a 28 day cycle, that's day 14. Good luck!
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks littleted for the reply. Does that mean we should start trying onthe 27th as she started her period today 13/11 ? If im understanding you correctly.
littleted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, around that date would be your best chance in the month - good luck!
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 am 
Post subject:
Thanks littleted, youve made things so much easier to understand. We just hope we catch. Fingers crossed.
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:50 pm 
Post subject:
With both of my pregnancies i caught within the first month, me and hubby had sex everyday for roughly 10-14 days, starting about a week after the first day of my period. Always used preseed lubricant and dtd doggy style Embarassed it has always worked for us, this time it took us 5 days to conceive after having my coil removed.

leon22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:55 am 
Post subject:
Cheers wanaBmummy,

Sounds like great advice. Im just a little worried because my first semen analysis was very low post vasectomy referral. Dont know if i would be as successfull as your hubby - but well give it ago. Total sperm count was 30million in 6 ml. Since then ive been on Pregnapure - Conception for men, Omega 3, green tea, and just started CoQ10 tablets.

Where going to do another semen analysis in January to see if its improved......unless we catch first. Its funny to think 30million is a very low count yet it sounds a hell of a lot to me and the wife - and to think it only takes one to concieve! Looking on the bright side, at least their is sperm present which is always a good start.

Im sure theirs many people been in our position, it would be nice to hear from them too.

Thanks again
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 am 
Post subject:
No problem, i would definitely suggest using pre seed x

leon22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Looking online to buy as we speak - never heard of it before, but so glad you told me about it. x
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:32 am 
Post subject:
My doctor advised to have sex from day 10 of the cycle through to at least 18 to cover all bases. Good luck.
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Nutty1,

Im gonna have to eat plenty of food to conserve some energy for next week ...lol ..cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular