Driving license and points question....

Tessytoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 pm 
Post subject: Driving license and points question....
Hiya! Smile

Have any of you ever been done for speeding and got points on your license?
I got an sp30 and 3 points on my license in 2006....
My question is, are you meant to send your license away to have them taken back off as I know they only last for 5 years Question And if so then does it cost alot?

Has anyone had points before and had them removed after 5 years??

Thanks in advance!
Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think you actually have to have them removed Hun, I got points in 2005 and they just stayed on my license but they obviously expired. After 5 years you don't have to declare them at all as they are totally clear and the date of issue is written on when they are added.

I had to renew my license when I got married in 2008 and when they sent my new license through they had been cleared off. If your is due for renewal anytime soon they'll be taken off.

If you want them removing just phone the DVLA and I'm sure they'll do it......but I'm pretty sure there'll be a charge for it.

xx
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
I think you need a D1 form from the post office they may be a charge of about £20 too. I could be wrong but is your photo are due to expire soon because that's £20 anyway so I'd just wait till then as they will just amend it then anyway.
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
Yep the girls are right you need to pay to have them removed.

This is the link to the government website that says what you have to do

https://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endorsements/removing-expired-endorsements-from-your-driving-licence

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
I had points on my license a few years ago, and was able to remove them after 4 years, so don't know if it's gone up since then... but I did get charged £20, I had to change my address and photo was due to expire so got it all done at once! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular