Hand blenders

Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 am 
Post subject: Hand blenders
Hi, this may seem a silky question but when I'm blending certain foods for baby I have to use either water or milk, but when I do the hand blender starts giving off smoke. Is it safe to use water with an electrical hand blender?

I'm new to using blenders and don't want to blow myself up lol.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 am 
Post subject:
The fact that it's starting to smoke is def not good either way... Confused You do mean the handblender starts smoking right?
Is there still a warranty on it? As maybe you can get a new one or something before this one just gives in? For now I wouldn't use it with liquids myself...got one too which I use for soups etc, but it never starts smoking on me. So normally you use them on liquids etc, but in this case, I wouldn't do it...
Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:14 am 
Post subject:
I always use my hand blender for soups and things, I just stick it in the pan so yeah U are fine to put it into liquid hun but it sounds to me like you have a faulty one, I wouldn't use anything electrical that was smoking when I switched it on Shocked

xx
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:12 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your replies. It's just the bottom part (the metal part) that gives off a bit of smoke when blending with liquids. It's not too much but just a bit of a concern.

I think the warranty has ran out.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
that doesnt sound good. i use mine for soups and it never smokes. the main electrical parts are in the top half so obviously not good to get water in there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular