phones broken

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 am 
Post subject: phones broken
about 6 weeks ago i had a new mobile. last night it went mental, it just kept going into different things, and typing stuff, pressing buttons, messing up all the settings.

i tried shutting down and restarting but no luck. It has an integrated battery so i couldnt take that off. i eventually managed to do a factory reset (difficult when the phone has a mind of its own Laughing ) as i as worried it may have been something i downloaded (even though i only use the official play store) and its still doing it.

im going to take it back to Virgin later, but will they just exchange the phone or try and fob me off with a repair as its outside of 28 days? also im now pretty wary of having the same problem again, so am i within my rights to ask for a different phone (on the same contract)

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 am 
Post subject:
i dont know what they will say tbh but after 6 weeks thats not very good is it? I think they will prob do their best to sort it for u, they are a big company arnt they, its clearly not right if uv only had it 6 weeks, good luck Smile xx
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
well after a lengthy 'discussion' with their technical at which nothing got resolved, I was told that it would need to be repaired and if it couldnt be repaired I would get a refurbished one. I said that they should replace it and was told this is not the case as it was out of the 14 day customer service period, despite clearly being a warranty issue.

I have now e-mailed 2 CEO e-mail addresses I have found and also Richard Branson himself (i had an automated reply Very Happy )

So if no joy I will go to the shop later and tell them that I have e-mailed the CEO and suggest they take approriate action to esnure a happy customer.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
I have finally had a response back from the CEO's office that they are looking into it. but i have since found that there is a known problem with this series of phone, but HTC have not got a solution to it. So if I can find this out from the internet surely Virgins technical team should be aware, and therefore a repair or a refurb phone will have the same problem.

I have relayed this back to the CEO team, and await there response. hopefully they will offer an alternative, as the problem has been ongoing for months with no solution Sad

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Maybe it's the same one my partner had. He had a HTC from Virgin and had 3 phones within 2/3 weeks as they were all faulty. In the end he demanded a different phone and they refused so he kept on at them and in the end they changed it for a Samsung Galaxy Advance, he's had that for a good 4-5 months now and he's still on the first one. Good Luck hun

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
sounds like it Lianne, its good to hear other people have had a problem, extra ammo for my case Very Happy

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
I think he had the HTC One V, i'll ask when he get's home. What make is yours?
I hope it helps your case hun

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:50 pm 
Post subject:
That's the piece of s**t phone iv got! They must know there is a problem but think they can get away with fobbing people off. Everything I have read online says the fault develops within the first 5 weeks. It's bad that I have had to go high up to get a sensible answer. But some people are going to get serious ass kickings as if my work received a complainr we are all told off over it and that's a small company

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
I can't believe they are still selling Faulty Phones, that just shouldn't be allowed!! I'd deffinately kick up a fuss if i were you, i hope you get somewhere

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
well i had a phone call from the 'executive CEO team' this morning only to be told the same as the technical team told me. so it seems that virgin employ people at different levels, to parrot out the same rubbish, and no one actually has the power to make a decision beyond what the computer says.

I ended up ringing HTC and they said it sounds like corrupt software, so went through a series of troubleshooting, which then crashed the phone to the point it would turn on, but would not boot. I have now sent it off to them for diagnostics, as it was under there guidance that it crashed completely. (I am not happy, but as the phone now no longer works I had no option)

I still have my gripes with Virgin, as when I mentioned the sale of goods act, i was told that it was not there policy. so apparently there policies over ride my rights under consumer law Question

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
I think they just try and say whatever pops into there head at the time.
When Mark had his problems it went past the 14 days guarantee thing to cancel and Mark argued the fact that by law you have 28 days to cancel a contract or something or other as they ept repeating about the 14 day cancellation policy. In the end they told him he could change phones instead lol.

I wouldn't go with Virgin again i don't think.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
yeah they kept throwing the 14 day exchange thing at me, even though its not relevant as its a fault.

then they claimed that they had to have the phone in to prove there was a fault. um no, under the sale of goods act, a fault only needs to be 'proved' after 6 months.

coincidently virgin are now 'out of stock' of the HTC One V, yet when I had it the guy said the Samsung was the more popular model, yet they still have plenty of stock, seems to me they knwo there is a fault and have pulled the phone, yet are trying to cover there backsides

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
HTC one V? Is that the one they brought out before the HTC one X? MY OH has the one X and touch wood all seems good.
Can't believe the shoddy treatment you've received, I hope you get it sorted though..get a samsung Very Happy
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:55 pm 
Post subject:
its the smaller and more basic version of the one X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular