Nappies stores own brand?

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:11 pm 
Post subject: Nappies stores own brand?
Hi everyone,i am currently experimenting with different nappies (i know i need to get a new hobby! Laughing )

I was wondering has anybody tried Aldi's own? A friend recommended them and i have just managed to get some as we have a new store opened today,i have read some really good reviews on them so am hoping they are ok.

We have used huggies and pampers and out of those 2 i prefer pampers,we found asda ones made her skin red,tesco ones were ok,and the sainsburys ones are awful,they made her sore and for the last week (since we have been using them) she has been waking up every hour in the night,after going through everything that she could possible want she has settled once her nappy had been changed,i felt the nappy today when i changed it and it was still wet to the touch,i left it a while and it was still wet so they are def off of the list!!

So far have only found the more expensive brands to be any good Mad
Do you prefer stores own nappies or the other brands?
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
MIL used to get my LO Aldis own brand and they were just as good as any other branded ones Very Happy
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
I refuse to use brand named nappies anymore cos they are so overpriced and absolutely useless in my experience! Tried huggies and pampers and both have always caused problems with leakages. My mum buys aldis nappies for the boys to use at her house and they work brilliant and i buy Asda Little Angels nappies and they are great too. Have had leaks but only because of the boys having too much to drink before bed and peeing a lot. With pampers and huggies, they were leaking even though the nappy wasnt even that wet Confused

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
i used both Asda and Aldi nappies and had no problem with either.

RosP
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
Personally had no probs with Sainsbury's (Eco or Little ones), although we use Pampers at night (and for the very small sizes, but certainly by size 4 we were into Sainsbury's brand).
Faerydae
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
my friend used Aldi's own and they gave her daughter a horrible rash, but obviously that could just be the one baby Smile

best ones I found before I switched to cloth nappies were kiddicares own nappies, £20 for a months supply!
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
Can't beat £1.90 for 20 nappies... George has always been in Tesco Value/Sainsburys basics nappies, just as Isabelle was after the first few months and growing into them x

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:35 pm 
Post subject:
I really like the Asda Little Angels ones, and the Tesco Superfit ones as they both seem very absorbant and have the double elastic at the legs to prevent accidental leaks... not so much of a problem now LO is on solids but when he was doing the breastfed poops - we have quite a few oopsies out the sides of the legs!!! I also really like the Lidl own brand too, he sleeps in those ones as they are quite absorbant but don't swell up too much so don't squeeze him as they fill. I hated huggies - they all gave him a rash, the same with the Boots homebrand, and the Pampers Actifit leaked everywhere and never fitted him correctly. The Pampers new baby are fine but expensive so I don't tend to buy them, but MIL does every now and again so I use them when she buys them for us... Smile

x

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:23 am 
Post subject:
I like the pampers ones in the orange packet... And lidls nappies. Havent used any for a while as bothmine are potty trained now so cant aactually remember the name haha xxx
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:29 am 
Post subject:
I have to say that I am a nappy snob Embarassed Embarassed I've only ever bought Pampers for Harry although once my mum got some huggies which I wasnt overly keen on.

Its the same with wet wipes, I've only ever used huggies wipes. When I was pregnant with Harry I completely stocked up on them and have done so with this baby

lysianassa
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:40 am 
Post subject:
I've tried mostly everything. In the beginning I used Huggies and Pampers but I found they constantly leaked - so not worth the money Mad In the end I used Boots up until size 3 and now I use Tescos own brand. My doctor told me that it will depend on the shape of your baby's bum which brand of nappy will suit/not leak as each brand has different shapes.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
When Belle wore disposable nappys i always got the shops own brand. I never had a problem with them at all. I actually prefered the shops own brand to b honest. I found pampers baby dry had a horrible chemical smell to them when Belle did a wee in them.

I used washable nappys a lot with Belle and much prefered them. I plan to use only washables with any other children i may have.

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
ive only ever used pampers or huggies and can honestly say ive only ever had about 2 leakages when kayne was a newborn as he went down to 6lb 1oz so they were too big for him. I used huggies newborn sizes 1 2 and 3 then went on to pampers activ fit in the day and huggies super dry at night. Plus i only buy them when there on offer so work out alot cheaper. Only ever used huggies pure wipes too as there thicker and when offer i get 9 packs for £6 so they work out cheaper aswell xxx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
I think those huggies wipes have to be the worst things ever! They are horrendous to use. They break apart far too easily. I bought some that were on offer and never again. I would go to take one out the pack and would come away with half lol aldis Mamia wipes are the best, my mum buys those and they are thick but strong and smell nice. I dont get to aldi that much so i buy Tescos own, 3 for £2.70 and they are good quality x

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
ive never had that problem jenna i think there great, even when kayne manages to get hold of a pack off my dining table and empties the pack there all still in one peice Laughing x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular