Baths on their own??

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 am 
Post subject:
Belle is nearly 3 now and when she is having a bath I usually play with her for a bit and then go and tidy up a few things in her room (the room next to the bathroom) we are always nattering to each other etc and she is never left for more than a couple of minutes at a time. I will run downstairs to get something, but tend to always be darting from room to room upstairs tidying about.

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
ive been leaving my daughter in the bath for about a year now. but then shes been a real water baby since she was born and due to her almost being able to swim now, holding her breath underwater is all part of her lessons, so im not worried at all.

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
Just wish I could bath my youngest - he's not allowed near water though! No baths, swimming, just a quick wipe with a wet flannel and he's done, one bath every 3 months he gets at the hospital but that's it! Saves us a fortune on bubble bath I suppose Wink
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
jenneve wrote:
ive been leaving my daughter in the bath for about a year now. but then shes been a real water baby since she was born and due to her almost being able to swim now, holding her breath underwater is all part of her lessons, so im not worried at all.

i wouldn't be worried about her slipping and her head going under as i know she would just shoot straight back up. . .what i would be concerned about is her slipping and banging her head of catching herself on the taps and knocking herself out etc. Holding your breath is useless if your unconscious.

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:15 pm 
Post subject:
wannaBmummy wrote:
jenneve wrote:

i wouldn't be worried about her slipping and her head going under as i know she would just shoot straight back up. . .what i would be concerned about is her slipping and banging her head of catching herself on the taps and knocking herself out etc. Holding your breath is useless if your unconscious.

That's what I worry about most, I know that at her age if she slips and goes under the water she'll just sit up and wipe herself off but I'm terrified that she'll slip and smack her face or head off the taps or side of the bath. We also have a glass shower screen that runs down the side of the bath and I also worry she might slip and go through that.

I do agree that maybe it isn't an age thing and rather more of a 'way they are' kind of thing.........my LO loves bath time and gets ever so excited plus I know if I did leave her she'd luv the novelty and would prob be up and on her feet messing around before I was even out the door!

xx
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
you make a good point about the slipping and banging their heads but to be fair you can do that at any age so at what age do you consider it to be a lower risk?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular