advice needed pleased from ladies with experience of PND :(

zachariahelijahmalakaimum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:13 pm 
Post subject: advice needed pleased from ladies with experience of PND :(
i just wondering if any of you found that ur PND seem to come back at you in a massive way all of a sudden...last week i felt really good n positive but this week i am not sleeping from worrying, i am short tempered again, cant stand being around people but dont wanna be alone either, struggling to bond with lo and crying none stop.......i just dont no what to do, i am really scared it is taking hold of me again and i am going to suffer twice as bad with it this time when the new baby is born Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:26 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry I didn't want to read and run, but got no experience. Is there a counselor or someone you see that you can talk to. Hope you feel better soon.

xx

lysianassa
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:42 pm 
Post subject:
I only had a very mild case of the baby blues after Sebastian was born but my BF suffered with PND with all 5 of her children. All I would suggest is that you get on with your midwife asap to get things sorted - counselling can be sorted straight away and she may be able to offer you some other forms of support depending on what you need.

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
I suffer from depression and anxiety, made worse from AND and PND in my last pregnancy. Throughout this pregnancy had loads of people involved to give the support and strength I needed to stay of the meds. This time the depression is there but manageable, I am developing more severe anxiety like I did last time (9 days after giving birth); I have just had a visit from my MW (who has been a rock) who has told me to go to the drs and get a prescription ASAP so put a stop to it before it esculates to the extent of how ill I went last time.

My sister had PND first time round and had nothing second, so I don't know to what extent there is a pattern or predictability 'test' to work out if it will engulf you.

I would book an appt with your MW asap and seek advice and support. If you have had it before they are less likely to question you and wait to 'see how it goes' because you already know what how you cope with it and will hopefully put your mind at some ease.
A few bad days may not mean you have it bad again so try not to worry, but do seek support

xx

zachariahelijahmalakaimum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
thankyou for ur replies ladies, i have seen my mw today and updated her on how i am feeling and she said that she is happy to leave me in the hands of the mental health mw and my counsellor as they know my case more x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular