Cuddle Cot **UPDATE**

Nixxie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:34 am 
Post subject: Cuddle Cot **UPDATE**
Hi Everyone

I hope you don't mind me posting this here! I have been an AB member for almost a couple of years now. I have a charity in Uganda that helps children but I am actually from the Isle of Wight. As a thank you for all the support I get for my work in Uganda, I have set myself a Christmas Challenge to raise money for a Cuddle Cot for my local hospital as they do not have one. A cuddle cot is a cooling system that is used within a moses basket or crib that enables the family of a baby that has passed away the choice to be able to spend additional time with their baby and help with the grieving process. When I heard about the existence of this cot it made me feel very emotional as I am now fortunate enough to have a little girl in my life. But I know many do not have this joy and I have witnessed such loss through this site on a number of occasions. Each time making me even more grateful for the little girl in my life. Some hospitals do have a Cuddle Cot but my own one does not. It costs £1500 and I am using my Africa charity facilities with Just Giving to raise the money £1 at a time. So if today you have a spare £1 could you send it my way?? If you can, pleaseTEXT CCIW99 £1 to 70070.You can also donate online at www.justgiving.com/cuddlecot (however min online amount is £2 ) I know its near christmas which is why even £1 from 1500 people could offer families precious moments with their baby to create memories and say goodbye properly. Thank you for reading....AB is really the best xx

Last edited by Nixxie on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:16 am; edited 5 times in total
Nixxie
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much to those who have donated, I'm so grateful to you xx

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
A really good cause.xx Very Happy
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun xx Kiss xx

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
DH and I have donated to this amazing cause. Really hope you reach your target hun xx

Nixxie
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:47 pm 
Post subject:
Aw thank you both so very much xx Kiss

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:59 am 
Post subject:
Wow this has brought a tear to my eye! I just donated I think it's a wonderful thing.

Nixxie
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hun, that's exactly what it did to me when I heard about it. Every time I kept thinking about it I'd be in tears. So I just thought I have to do this x thank you so much for your support, means a lot xx Kiss

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:58 am 
Post subject:
Just thought I'd give this a bump, Nikki's doing really well and has almost reached 1/2 her target.
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:53 pm 
Post subject:
This is fantastic, I've heard of these and I really think every hospital should have one! Well done Hun, will be sending some funds to you xx

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
Nikki's almost there with her target. So if anyone hasa few pennies to spare please donate.xx
Nixxie
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:15 am 
Post subject: WE'VE DONE IT!
Hi lovely ladies!

Just wanted to say that last night we hit the target to get the Cuddle Cot into our local hospital on the Isle of Wight. We did it in 3 weeks which is amazing and I would like to say a big thank you to Clairebell29 for donating, spreading the word, bumping and sharing!! Kiss

Thank you to everyone on AB who donated! I am so very grateful to to you. I have just ordered the cot and fingers crossed it will arrive tomorrow! We will then deliver it on Monday so it will be in our local hospital by Christmas Day.

It's been a tough 3 weeks of begging and I think I have driven my friends and family a little nuts.....but I just felt so strongly about getting this equipment into our hospital ASAP and I'm so so happy that with 297 donations....we have done it!!

Merry Christmas to you all xx Thanks

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:24 am 
Post subject:
Massive massive congratulations hun. Such a worthy cause. You should definately be proud of yourself xxx

Nixxie
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:50 am 
Post subject:
Ash thanks Hun and for your support! The cot arrived today and the hospital have requested delivery on the 28th. Such an emotive subject but such a great piece of equipment to help families at such an awful time x

Have a great xmas xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular