In floods of tears..

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:56 pm 
Post subject: In floods of tears..
Ok so some people might think this is stupid but I've lost my cat. I know something has happened to him as he never leaves the garden. He's only 12 weeks old. I'm so upset I just know I'm never going to see him again.I'm not going to sleep tonight and Christmas is now ruined in my eyes!!

I know I can buy another cat but it won't be the same. He was amazing and so placid and never hurt Ava even when she was rough. I feel like I've lost my baby ffs, what's wrong with me. I have been out traipsing around all the streets with a bag of cat biscuits and calling him.. I must have looked like a Looney.

Do you think someone would have stolen him? He never leaves the front garden but he's only a moggy so why would anyone steal him?

tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 pm 
Post subject:
At that age they do wonder a lot, that's y they r not ment to b let out till they r 5 or 6 months old

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:06 pm 
Post subject:
I dont know much about cats but i know OHs mum bought one a year ago which ran off for days not long after then showed up again so he might show up still. Hope so! X

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 pm 
Post subject:
I've always had cats and let them out after I've had them a couple of months. I got him at 5 weeks old. I cant stop crying and I wish I had never let him out now. I wish he was here. I only let him out so he wouldn't get hurt. I'm such an idiot. I just hope he is safe and happy wherever he is.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:49 am 
Post subject:
If he's friendly I bet he's curled up somewhere warm in someone else's house Rolling Eyes Smile , as he probably still looks quite kitten like they probably think he's too young to be out and took him in ? I'd put up some posters in all the local shops and maybe go door to door to everyone who backs onto you and try ringing local vets and animal shelters .
Sometimes when people find an animal they just keep it Rolling Eyes and tell themselves they're doing a stray a favour, but if you put up posters and cards in shop windows saying your little girls missing him, then hopefully someone will see them and you'll get him back Smile
If you do I'd keep him in for a while certainly until after he's been neutered, male cats do wander more than females and if they're used to going out from being young they just get more and more adventurous, my two (female)cats were never let out when little ,my older cat never even attempted to go out until she was 2 Shocked and now they always stay in the garden and won't go further (I kept them in after losing my lovely ginger kitty after we moved here and he kept going back to our old house Sad )
I hope you find him though xx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:01 am 
Post subject:
my cat was older but he disappeared for an entire weekend once.

he came back on the sunday evening meowing to be let in, came in ate some food and went to the door to be let back out!

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:37 am 
Post subject:
Well.. I went for a walk last night again, went round all the different streets calling him again and I heard his meow 5-10 mins up the road. I kept listening and looking and he was sat in someons front garden scared like he didn't want to come out.. soon as he saw it was me he ran over to me, the weird thing is the house is directly opposite avas nursery! I'm so glad I found him. I'm not letting him out now until he's been neutered and microchipped!

I'm not really a massive fan of animals.. i like them but only got him cuz my daughter loves cats but after last night I realise I love him like a member of the family lol

I actually felt sick at the thought of something happening to him. Think even oh loves him as he went for a walk to Loki for him a few times too. He is an awesome cat though lol xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:32 am 
Post subject:
Aww thats good news Very Happy If he is microchipped and someone does try to keep him if they took him to the vets for some reason you'd get him back as they tend to routinely check chips Smile Maybe he'd followed your scent to the nursery and then got spooked by something and was too scared to come home Question
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:38 am 
Post subject:
Awww so glad you found him!! Very Happy xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:51 am 
Post subject:
So glad you've found him. I've always had a cat growing up and have had many a time walking the streets rattling a box of cat biscuits.

Luckily the two we have now don't seem to go far, it is a horrible feeling though, they really are part of the family.

xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
ohh so glad you found him Smile my kitten is 18 weeks old and ive just started to let her out but i let her older brother out at 12 weeks.. i would be gutted if anything happened to them.. Willow is so tiny for her age aswell! luckily ours just stay in the back yard. there are alot of cats around us. including their mum Smile x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular