Twins or just a wriggle baby? lol

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:04 am 
Post subject: Twins or just a wriggle baby? lol
So I got my doppler out again this morningnd listened to babys heart.. he likes to stay comfy to the right of my womb rather than the middle. I found him in his usual place. My oh made a joke and said his heart sounds like there are two heartbeats as it was so out of rhythm like a bad dj mixing two tunes out of time lol so he said look on the other side I bet you will find another so just to prove there wouldn't be I did it.. went over to the left side and there was a heartbeat of a different tempo.. but could it just be that baby is very active and moved over as when I went back to the right I coukdbt find the heartbeat lol

I doubt it is twins as I had a scan at 6 weeks and the Dr said defo just the one in there lol perhaps just a wiggly baby lol

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:10 am 
Post subject:
Could have been placental sounds perhaps, or you may have picked up your own heartbeat through an atery Question Plus often the heartbeat can be round from different angles with just one baby Question Depends how fast it was i suppose what it could have been ? Is youir doppler one of those with the readout Question
They can get it wrong on early scans though , my FIL's wife had one at 8 weeks for a suspected ectopic, said all was well, one baby good heartbeat etc. no sign of anything anywhere else , so they were a little shocked when they went for their 12 week scan to find out they were having identical twins Shocked Laughing but I don't think it happens very often as the other baby would have to be in just the right place to not be noticed Smile xx
Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:27 am 
Post subject:
you could defiantly see it was twins on all my scans and the NICE guidelines are not to listen in for a babys heartbeat till after 20 weeks so it could be the placenta blood flow or the babys heart beat echoing xx xx
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:07 pm 
Post subject:
i sometimes picked mine up in different places, i would pick up baby and then the whoosh from the placenta - twins would have shown up on your scan x

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
I think it's just a wiggly baby. Heartbeat was 175 for it then 165 so neither times were my heartbeat I wouldn't have though xx

AngelDelight
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 pm 
Post subject:
I sometimes hear different heart beats but like others have said you probably have heard the placenta as sometimes I have to concentrate to see what sounds are baby etc. But as you've had your scan they would definitely have picked up more than one.

I was relieved when they only found one baby as I don't think I would be able to cope with twin newborns and an active toddler! Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular