IUI and sucesss

JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:48 pm 
Post subject: IUI and sucesss
Afternoon ladies We have been advised by our cons That I need IUI or IVF We dont have the fund for IVF but could save the £1500 needed for IUI
Has anyone had this and had a sucessful outcome Any advice will be appreciated
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
Might have more luck posting in the Ivf and reversal section Anna xx Have you looked into that dhea that Nat mentioned , might be worth dosing up on supplements first x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou clare Yes im looking into getting some what dosage do you know x
susanjosh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 am 
Post subject:
Hi .

I am currently on my 4 th cycle of Iui, currently doing my injections and then main treatment a week Monday possibly .

Now obviously Iui does work for some people but I personally don't have any confidence in it it .

I appreciate you can't afford ivf at present but my advice would be to continue to save for it .

I am fortunate that I am receiving nhs treatment .

I'm sorry if I have put a damper on things , but I would rather be honest .

But who knows maybe we will both get our bfps doing it .

Good luck x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:48 am 
Post subject:
There's a lot of factors with the IUI Anna , if you've already acheived a pregnancy then the odds are slightly higher , but then again it depends on why you aren't conceiving now and it relies on your tube being able to pick up the egg and move it along and release it at the right time, so the chances with one short tube might be lower Question
There are also two forms , one where they deposit the sperm in the uterus but closer to the entrance to the tube and one where they put the sperm directly into the end of the tube (usually only with low motility sperm or with immune issues) ,
Really for me as you potential issues are egg and tube related rather than sperm related I don't see how IUI would help much Question
Although I know before we discovered my problem was a blockage we did consider it as an option just to give things a boost Question
I know you'd possibly get more sperm into the entrance to the tube but thats not much use if there's no egg waiting and the 1500 cost could go towards saving for IVF Question which has a better success rate
(I've heard good things about Reprofit, their quote was under £3,000 and i know at least one woman on here who used them and was forty-ish with low AMH and was successful Smile )
The DHEA dose I was taking was 50mg a day , I've seen 75 mg split into 3 doses of 25mg recommended on IVF forums but couldn't find it in that dose Question xx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:18 pm 
Post subject:
It's not for everyone, but some private clinics will do free or cut-price IVF if you're willing to donate half the eggs harvested.
They don't take everyone, and it's a big decision to make but it's another possibility to think about whether you would be interested in.
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies this is a post from few days ago Smile Since then we have decided IVF is the best option for us Smile Just got save save save
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck. xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular