yellow tree :(

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:05 pm 
Post subject: yellow tree :(
I bought a transparent fibre optic christmas tree 2 years ago. I loved it when it was new, was really pretty but OH kept saying i should have got a green one. This flat gets mould in 2 of the cupboards, one of which just happens to be the only one big enough to store the tree. Last year it looked a bit tinged but still looked ok but this year, just took it out and its yellow! Like its owner is a chain smoker Sad Could cry cos it wasnt exactly cheap.
OH is saying it was my choice to buy that colour so i need to put up with it. Is their any way of saving it?

lysianassa
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
How much mould is on it and where exactly? Does your tree have a plug and if so, is any of the mould on it?

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
The plugs fine and theres no actual mould on it, its just went all nicotine coloured whereas when i bought it it looked more like an icey blue. I put it up anyway, and it looks fine at night when its lit up, but during the day it looks awful!

XxKarenXx
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
What about filling a spray bottle up with water and bleach. a cloth and dish towel (old) spray rub and then dry?

Do a test patch somewhere it can't be seen?

Or phone company you bought it from and see what they say?

Failing all that if you can afford just buy a cheap temp tree from asda or make do with the one you have then when sales start buy a new family tree for next year..
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
XxKarenXx wrote:
What about filling a spray bottle up with water and bleach. a cloth and dish towel (old) spray rub and then dry?

Do a test patch somewhere it can't be seen?

Or phone company you bought it from and see what they say?

Failing all that if you can afford just buy a cheap temp tree from asda or make do with the one you have then when sales start buy a new family tree for next year..

I was thinking of trying that but with it being fibre optic, wasnt sure if it was safe and if it would maybe do damage to it.
I bought it from a little shop a few miles away so no company i can phone. Was thinking of buying a cheap tree and doing it up though x

XxKarenXx
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:47 pm 
Post subject:
Have you googled the problem- It may be a common problem and other fiber optic tree owners have solutions? sounds like I am talking about a pet not a tree!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular