Hello :)

Sticky05
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:05 pm 
Post subject: Hello :)
I dont know if anyone remebers me or not but I wanted to come on and post bc I know i used to get wonderful advice and encouragement from you ladies and vice versa. I actually have not been on the forum at all since I think last year or the beginning of this year Sad Sad I know but my mom got real sick and we didnt know why. I kept telling her to go to ER and ask them to scan her bc something wasnt right. Well she just went to regular doctor who said it was nothing and they werent going to send her for a scan. Then she did go to ER finally and they told her they were not going to scan her either bc nothing was wrong. She went back the next day and they finally scanned her and we found out she has stage 4 liver cancer! It was in her colon and metastisized to her liver. She had surgery in April to remove the tumor in her colon and started getting chemo for the nets in her liver. It took a major toll on my family. We were not expecting that at all and on top of that I have been the everything in the family! I'm the youngest of her children and have been care taker/mom/daughter/wife/everything else that was needed. I didnt have time for anything at all. Well she goes in the hospital Monday for her last stent of chemo and they will retest her. If its gone she goes another 12 rounds of chemo. If its still there she still goes another 12 rounds of chemo and will get retested. I'm just tired emotionally, physically, and every kind of tired a person can be. I'm sorry for rambling but I havent had many people if any to talk to and I miss yall so much. I dont even know who's gotten pg or had a baby yet or anything. I have alot of reading to do but I just really wanted to say hi. I guess I can post this in the different fprum topics of where I used to post as well. Thanks for listening.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
My god sounds like you have had a right year hun, i really hope your mom gets better soon, and that the treatments work for her.

Take care

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Sticky05
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
XxCHARnNOAHxX wrote:
My god sounds like you have had a right year hun, i really hope your mom gets better soon, and that the treatments work for her.

Take care

Char

Thank you hun!
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Sticky, sorry to hear you've had a difficult year and really hope you get good results for your mum. I know how hard it can be trying to be everything to everyone, I have a 3 year old girl and care for my Dad who is terminally ill, the stress, guilt, anger and sadness can be unbearable at times but I try to take time out for myself, even if it's just a hot bubble bath for half an hour.
Hang in there and pop back on if you want to chat xx
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
WifeyG wrote:
Hi Sticky, sorry to hear you've had a difficult year and really hope you get good results for your mum. I know how hard it can be trying to be everything to everyone, I have a 3 year old girl and care for my Dad who is terminally ill, the stress, guilt, anger and sadness can be unbearable at times but I try to take time out for myself, even if it's just a hot bubble bath for half an hour.
Hang in there and pop back on if you want to chat xx

Thanks hun! My mom did go for her scan and we got the news that her lesions have gotten larger in size so the chemo is not working. Her doctor changed her chemo med so we are just taking it one step at a time.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:38 pm 
Post subject:
Wow, what a time your having and your poor mum Sad must be so worrying Sad
I do hope things start to look up soon x
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:37 am 
Post subject:
ZeeLou wrote:
Wow, what a time your having and your poor mum Sad must be so worrying Sad
I do hope things start to look up soon x

Thank you hun. I'm staying positive and hoping for the best. I'm glad I am able to get back on here. I just havent had the time at all Sad
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:06 am 
Post subject:
Oh my life. You have had one hec of a year Hun.
I can only imagine the stress you are going through. You are obviously doing an amazing job taking care of and being there for you mum. I bet she is so proud of how wonderful you are.
As wifeyg said, make sur you take time for yourself. You need to be able to relax and recharge. You are no good to anyone if you are too exhausted and emotionally overwrought to care for yourself, let alone your mum.
I'm so sorry the news wasn't good.
I wish you all the best and just know that you are doing an amazing thing.

Me 38 DH 27 (
married 2007)
PCOS - Back Disease - Thyroid
MC - 2 Jan 2009
TTC since 24 June 2009
Cycle - most recent 850 days
Desperate to conceive baby #1
Sticky05
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:04 am 
Post subject:
Lara47 wrote:
Oh my life. You have had one hec of a year Hun.
I can only imagine the stress you are going through. You are obviously doing an amazing job taking care of and being there for you mum. I bet she is so proud of how wonderful you are.
As wifeyg said, make sur you take time for yourself. You need to be able to relax and recharge. You are no good to anyone if you are too exhausted and emotionally overwrought to care for yourself, let alone your mum.
I'm so sorry the news wasn't good.
I wish you all the best and just know that you are doing an amazing thing.

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. It means so much Very Happy I will have plenty of time for myself in the future, I just want to make sure I am here for my mom every step of the way you know. But I will here and there take a little time even if it is just a bubble bath or shoot even a nap lol!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular