Conjunctivitis?

Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:29 am 
Post subject: Conjunctivitis?
Hi me again! Ah there's always something wrong with my kids these days Rolling Eyes

So my little boy has had a cold for a week or so and a day or two ago he started leaking yellow gunky stuff (great description there lol) from his eye....would that be conjunctivitis? Having never had it or known anyone with it I'm obviously not sure...have only read about it.
Have got an appointment with the docs but that's not til Thursday.

I've been cleaning it with cooled boiled water and cotton wool, it only seems to be affecting him at night, his eye gets a little swollen and leaks...

Is there anything I ca treat it with until I go to the docs? Read that chamomile tea can help? A cotton ball dipped in it?

Tanks again for reading Smile

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 am 
Post subject:
It sounds like viral conjunctivitis if he's had a cold. Looking at your ticker, is he 8 months old? If so, there's nothing you can treat it with, you're doing exactly the right thing. The doctor may give you some antibiotic eye drops if it's not cleared itself up by then.

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:17 am 
Post subject:
My LO has had conjunctivitis twice and the first time she was only a few months and I used the same method as you. Cool boiled water and bath the eyes regularly.
Oh and don't share towels/flannels/pillow cases etc.. until the conjunctivitis has cleared up x
Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:20 am 
Post subject:
Ok thanks ladies Smile will keep doing what I'm dong then x

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Lemonpie wrote:
Oh and don't share towels/flannels/pillow cases etc.. until the conjunctivitis has cleared up x

Also make sure you don't touch his unaffected eye with anything that has touched the affected one.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular