Making lists

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:45 pm 
Post subject: Making lists
Does anyone else feel almost always totally overwhelmed with information i.e. things you need to organise, remember to do, remember to buy, etc that you make lists for absolutely everything? I have 3 notepads and flicking through them looking for an address i realised it is full of shopping lists, christmas lists (cards and gifts), to do lists, to pack lists (for when the boys stay at my parents house), lists of medicine doses for the boys when they have been ill, lists of bills due ... Everything in my life basically! OH calls me monica (from Friends) but if i dont write down everything it swirls arouund in my head so much i feel like it becomes all tangled and i get a headache until its written down and i can see it clearly.
Am i normal? Lol or is OH right and i'm a obsessive compulsive freak lol x

fuzzyferret
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:50 am 
Post subject:
I think you're normal lol just organised. I write a lot of lists too, just to organise things on a day if I have lots of stuff to do, if I don't write every thing down I will forget something.

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:21 am 
Post subject:
My mum has list ocd she writes them for everything and noone else can write on them or use a different colour pen or shehas to start again. I never write anything down but for get so much so maybe i should start lol
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:35 am 
Post subject:
I love a list. I get to the stage where I feel like my heads too full so write it all down and it makes me feel sooooo much better. Room in my head then to concentrate on other things.

I have found it harder this year as I'm usually quite organised but life has changed a lot since George arrived.
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:10 am 
Post subject:
Yeah me and my sister make lists all the time. I have so many bits of paper everywhere with lists of things. I even have lists of what are in my freezer and food cupboards and make lists of what food we will have in the week Embarassed

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 am 
Post subject:
I am a list writer - but I am not detailed as some of you lovely ladies! I forget everything, which makes me laugh because people comment about how organised I am, but it's only cos of my lists. My OH knows how [*@!#%*] I am - I will got to the shops and buy everything but the essentials that I am sent out for unless it is written down.

I use my phone for everything now, I don;t know what i would do if I lost that...

xx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:04 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, glad i'm not the only one lol

I've always been a list maker, even as a wee girl i would make a list if i was staying at someones house of what i needed to take and would help my mum make her lists of housework, which is prob where i get it from but she isnt anywhere near as bad as me lol. Even this morning i'm making my food shopping list for this week and xmas food, etc then had to start a new list of the dinners before and after xmas day so i knew what else to put on the first list lol x

NicolaOasis
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
Another list lover here Smile

I make lists for everything. The best thing i have though is a whiteboard in my kitchen, just larger than a4 size and everything gets wrote on that

xx
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
I love lists! lol! Laughing

I write lists for everyting! lol, Im the same as you ladies, I feel as though theres too much stuff in my head if I dont get it written on paper! Then end up with a headache Confused

I need it clearly written down lol Smile
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
I also feel so much better when I make lists and I have to otherwise I forget things. I DO have obsessive compulsive disorder though so maybe it's part of that. I think it helps me get a grip on any anxiety that might arise from things all being disorganised too.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
I'm so terribly forgetful I forget to write lists.. Sometimes I remember to write a shopping list and leave it at home.. I find I remember things better if I've written it somewhere though.. X
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:02 pm 
Post subject:
RachNCharlieChoo wrote:
I'm so terribly forgetful I forget to write lists.. Sometimes I remember to write a shopping list and leave it at home.. I find I remember things better if I've written it somewhere though.. X

I do that too, i'll write a list of things i need to do or buy then forget to take it with me lol but like you say, just writing i down seems to help keep it in my head Smile x

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
NicolaOasis wrote:
Another list lover here Smile

I make lists for everything. The best thing i have though is a whiteboard in my kitchen, just larger than a4 size and everything gets wrote on that

xx

Haha we have a whiteboard in our kitchen too!! Mainly for Archies hospital appointments, 6 last month - I would just lose track without it!!

I have a certain way of writing on it then when its done crossing it out in another colour Rolling Eyes do that with my lists as well xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular