Think I've cursed it

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:38 pm 
Post subject: Think I've cursed it
We had our 12 week scan on Monday and all was fine so we got excited, I put our scan picture on Facebook and now I'm convinced I've cursed it. My stomach feels heavy and I have tiny bits of brown in my discharge, about the size of a pin head. If it continues tomorrow, I'll ring the doctors but I just feel so stupid for trusting my stupid body not to mess me around. My poor OH was so happy on Monday, I feel like I'll break his heart if I miscarry again, especially having seen our LO fully formed, the right size with a heartbeat. Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Sorry for miserable post, just feel ridiculous for shouting it out on Facebook when I should probably know better Sad
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
I keep bleeding fresh red blood all the time because of all my sickness but baby is fine.. a little smaller than normal but healthy nevertheless. Perhaps just call the doctor to be on the safe side but im not supusticious so i dint think putting the pic on fb would have made a difference. I sure all is well and ill be thinking of you xx

KathG
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations on your pregnancy Smile I think you re worrying a little prematurely lots of facts are in your favour. You hd a recent scan which shows all to be well, you have reached 12 weeks (I believe m/c are most common before 12 weeks so you re past the "danger period"), you hve not hd any bleed or cramps. maybe the discharge is due to a wee bacterial in balance down below. I would go see your GP, you might need a antibiotic. now its easy for me to say but try not to worry. I had all sorts of aches and pains during pregnancy as your womb grows and streches.

[/url]
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
brown blood is generally old blood so the fact your scan was on Monday its probably ok. I'd ring your mw anyway as any blood is supposed to be reported, it will just ease your mind. xxx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, will phone doctors in morning. I know there's nothing I can really do so am going to wrap Isobel's presents tonight, and, as has just been put in General chat, count the many blessings I have. I thought after 12 weeks, I'd be able to stop fretting but my body isn't that helpful! Thanks again x
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
A mc normally occurs between 6-8wks, look at stats for 12wks yhey are quite low. I googled all sorts when i found i was pgagain after our mc.

As one of the girls said, brown blood is old blood, but i think your gonna need reasurance arent u? So id ring your gp/mw an see what they say Smile xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:42 am 
Post subject:
Thanks - am going to ring MW today just to be on the safe side - feel better today though having consulted Google and had a sleep. I think I'm just paranoid because I lost my last pregnancy at 9 weeks but didn't find out about it until the 12 week scan so I'm finding it hard to believe that this one might stay put!!! Thanks again though! xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular