Steriliser

Xxxpolxxx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:42 pm 
Post subject: Steriliser
Did you have a new one for each baby?
My mum's friends just had her second and used everything from her first baby just got some new treats for her bottles. Even if I was going to use all things from my first baby I think I would have to change my bottles steriliser and mattress x
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldnt re use bottles as over time they crack and get scratched and harder to sterilise. I also found that they got discoloured even after being cleaned properly.

If I had, had an expensive electric steriliser then probably would have kept it, but I only had a cheap microwave one.

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
We changed everything but I think bottles are a must and a steriliser if it's been sat around for months ano you would cleanit but I still think I would want a new one just my opinion x
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't mean you personally I meant in general x
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
Im getting new bottles for this baby but not bothering with a steriliser this time, Avas broke after a few weeks and we soon found she was fine without one. I will just be pouring boiling water over clean bottles and leave it for a few minutes like I did with Ava's but if I did have one I would probably get a new one each time xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
They managed years ago without them x
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
Thats what I mean and after I spent 50 quid or whatever ridiculous price it was and have it break after a few weeks I begrudge spending that again when I know ava was fine, to be fair ava was bf and her bottles were rarely used unless i was going out for the night.. I just think for me personally a steriliser is not an essential. I know mothercare have half price sale on most avent equipment so have a look there. the offers run out 2nd jan i think xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
With my first 2 I reused the steriliser as there was only 16 months between them.. I have bought a second hand electric one this time. Tbh every time you sterilize the bottles your sterilizing the steriliser too... X
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
I arnt buying anything until after mine are born my mum us going take a list and buy it all in one go x
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
I brought my sterliser off my cousin after she had finished it - our nana had brought it for her which cost £85 and I've had no issues so far. The bottles and nipples I have brought brand new for Naia

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:33 am 
Post subject:
My friend round the corners little one has just turned one so she is saving there steriliser for us Very Happy

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
I've just started looking briefly at sterilisers, but think going to wait till much nearer the time. Can you only put certain make bottles in the matching steriliser? I've only seen Avent and Tommy Tippie ones, so does that mean I can only put Avent or Tommy Tippie bottles in them?

x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:39 pm 
Post subject:
xxHeathxxttcNo1 wrote:
I've just started looking briefly at sterilisers, but think going to wait till much nearer the time. Can you only put certain make bottles in the matching steriliser? I've only seen Avent and Tommy Tippie ones, so does that mean I can only put Avent or Tommy Tippie bottles in them?

x

No you can put any bottles in, I had a tommee tippee one and used boots bottles.

XxxJaydensMummyxxX
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
ill be re-using mine and my son is now 4 it cost a fortune to buy 1st time round and dont see why id buy a new one when his works perfectly fine. we've brought new bottles though and there a different make to the sterilizer and fit in it perfectly.

i kept alot of my sons stuff and its been a great money saver especially as were having another boy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular