tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:01 pm 
Post subject: Ha ha just a bit of fun - gender prediction
DADDY’S

WEIGHT
MYTH: If the baby’s father piles on the pounds during pregnancy then you are having a girl. But if he doesn’t put on a pound, it’s a boy.

REALITY: Experts in Denmark believe the dad’s weight MAY give you some tell-tale signs. In a study of 100 dads-to-be, nearly every one who put on weight later had a baby girl. But only five of the dads who had a boy were heavier on the scales.

CRAVINGS
MYTH: If you can’t get enough chocolate and sugar, your baby is likely to be a girl. But if it’s salty foods you’re craving, it will be a boy.

REALITY: Scientists have written off food cravings as a psychological phenomenon. Roy Pitkin, professor of obstetrics at the University of California, said: “If a woman has been raised to believe that during pregnancy one craves pickles, then she’s likely to crave pickles.” But a woman’s senses are heightened during pregnancy so she may prefer certain smells.

CARRYING HIGH?
MYTH: If the bump is low the baby is likely to be a boy but if the mum-to-be is carrying high, she will have a girl.

REALITY: Scientists believe the way you carry is determined by the baby’s muscle tone. There is no evidence to suggest girls prefer to sit higher in the womb.

MUM’S FACE
MYTH: If the mum-to-be’s face is round and rosy during pregnancy then she will have a girl.

REALITY: Nearly all pregnant women will put on weight during the nine months and this alone cannot show whether she will have a boy or a girl. However, recent studies in France have found that mums who suffer from acne while pregnant are 90 per cent more likely to give birth to a girl.

HEARTBEAT
MYTH: A baby boy has a fetal heartbeat of below 140 beats per minute whereas a girl’s heart rate will be higher than 140.

REALITY: Scientists have found that baby girls do have a faster heartbeat, but only after they are born.

BREASTS
MYTH: A slightly larger right breast indicates a boy, but a left swelling suggests the mum will have a girl.

Clues ... can morning sickness reveal the sex of your baby?REALITY: Hormonal changes during pregnancy do increase blood flow and changes to the breast tissue and this often makes them feel swollen, sore and unusually sensitive to touch. However, scientists have found no evidence of any changes to the breasts being linked to the baby’s gender.

MORNING

SICKNESS
MYTH: If you are sick throughout the pregnancy, it will be a girl. But if you have little or no morning sickness you will have a boy.

REALITY: Mothers ARE more likely to have serious morning sickness if they are expecting a girl. A study of more than a million pregnancies in Sweden from 1987 to 1995 showed it was far more likely in women carrying a female child. Dr Michael Swiet, from the Institute of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in London, said: “There could be all sorts of explanations. Morning sickness is something to do with hormones — girl babies may produce different hormones and that could be part of the problem.”

mpu

COLD FEET
MYTH: If the mum-to-be suffers from icy cold feet, she will give birth to a boy.

REALITY: Cold feet is one sign of poor circulation. Experts in Germany found that pregnant women who went on to have boys ARE more likely to suffer with bad circulation. Researcher Dr Alexander Nachnamen said: “Women carrying baby boys often reported having cold feet.

“Their circulation was in general poorer than the women who had girls.”

MUM KNOWS BEST
MYTH: A mother’s instinct is usually the most reliable way of predicting a baby boy or baby girl.

REALITY: A study that asked women with no previous knowledge about their baby’s sex found that mums-to-be correctly guessed the sex of their baby 71 per cent of the time.

CHINESE GENDER CALCULATOR
MYTH: This works by multiplying the mother’s age at the time of her baby’s conception with the number of the month the baby was conceived in. If the result is an odd number, you can expect a boy but if the number is even it’s a girl.

REALITY: The original gender chart is now kept in the Institute of Science in Beijing and claims to be 90 per cent accurate. But scientists have found no evidence to back up the results.

minine1
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:52 am 
Post subject:
just took this into account for both my kiides and the ony one tat was true for me was the heartbeat my ds was always around 136 and my dd was abrounf 155.... so true for me Smile...... do love looking at gender predictions thou

nic xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Most of them point to girl for me. Scan said 70% sure it's a girl. Checking again in 3 weeks lol x
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 am 
Post subject:
FHR is 135bmp for me at the moment - suggesting boy, cant remember what avas was so I have nothing to compare to.
Morning sickness, has been horrendous - girl
I have a gut feeling I'm having a boy
chinese gender predicts girl
I get cold feet in the day suggesting boy but its winter but when I'm in bed they are very toasty haha

Looks like im having a hemaphrodite Roll

On a serious note we will have to see! The pregnancy so far has been identical to Avas symptom wise so who knows, but my gut says boy and it looks like it has a willy on the 12 week scan! Confused

Love these gender prediction things dont understand how some women get so angry over them.. its a bit of fun! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular