Should I be bothered?

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 am 
Post subject:
If we were living in SAfrica (where I'm from) we would have the same name automatically. Here in Holland - they get the fathers name (if married) and unfortunately same in Italy. I was really shocked about Italy, would have thought being Catholic country etc.. that the woman would automatically get the man's name. Nope.... Sad I could apply to get my name changed, but that is a big drama... Sad I must say I don't like having the different name. Right now I'm trying to teach DS his name, surname and what Mommy's name is and surname.. Doesn't feel right telling him that his surname, DD and DH surname is X and Mommy's is Y......
xxx

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:42 am 
Post subject:
I think its weird that 2 people can be married and have kids but not share the same surname
Surprised
Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
it annoys me having a different surname Sad BUT i am not getting married just for this reason, i plan on putting my childrens surname in my name and having a hyphanted (sp?) surname which isnt great but i dont think i wanna get rid of my surname completely? still undecided lol and its costly to change all my docs: passport etc xx
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular