poorly boy :(

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:18 am 
Post subject: poorly boy :(
My 2 yo is poorly and has been for a couple says but I cant work out whats wrong.. The only thing I can think is hes gor this fluey virus thats going round.. His temperature went really high on Monday night but came down with Campos but he was up and down all night not knowing what he wanted.. He was the same yesterday temp was up and down and he was lethargic and didnt know what he wanted.. Then he woke in the night again last night and stayed awake all night from 3 but he wont sleep today. His temp doesnt seem as bad but I'm sooooooo tired from the night times as thats when he seems worse.. I just feel so sorry for him and me.. And my oh is too busy worrying about hhimself to listen to me moan :/ dont know what to do for him... Doesnt seem like he needs the doctor because calpol is helping...

Pointless post really
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:29 am 
Post subject:
Take him to the drs anyway, there maybe something they can suggest / advise extra to what you are doing... or he may diagnose with something which may need meds.
So many people waste the drs time over coughs and colds, but when it comes to your kids and you have tried your best it isn't wasting time.

Hope he (and you) get some rest

xx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
if your child is needing calpol throughout the daynight for 3 days, I was also advised that they should see the doc anyway because they shouldn;t need it for many days on the trot with no obvious sign of illness.

He could be tething, that can make them feel out of sorts or could be coming down with something like chicken pox, they can feel ill for a few days to a week ebfore the spots come out.

Good luck.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:29 pm 
Post subject:
I'm going to try getting him in with the go tomorrow ... His temperature is up and down and his eating is off and atm hes smuggling on my knee and wont get off even though a couple hours ago he was charging round seeming as right as rain... Charlie has started to complain of headache too now.. Xx
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 am 
Post subject:
Not happy Lewis temp reached 39 last night when I rang the gp tje receptionist told me there were no appts left and he didnt need am emergency one but I could have a phone appt.. He also has conjunctivitis thos mornin and a cough that seems yo have come from no where... I want my child to see a gp..
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:39 am 
Post subject:
RachN3Babies wrote:
Not happy Lewis temp reached 39 last night when I rang the gp tje receptionist told me there were no appts left and he didnt need am emergency one but I could have a phone appt.. He also has conjunctivitis thos mornin and a cough that seems yo have come from no where... I want my child to see a gp..

awww poor boy, do you have any drop in centre's you couold take him too? The other thing you could do is take him to your local pharmacy they do a minor ailments service, and usually they they say ' he must be seen by a dr' then the receptionists give you one.

Having said that I'd take the telephonbe appointment (they are usally with a dr) and really push home how poorly he's been, I find that usually means they'll see them Smile

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:55 am 
Post subject:
The gp has written him a prescription for his eye but thinks the temp is viral.. I can go and collect it later today. Better than nothing Smile but the snotty rreceptionist had no right to tell ke whats an emergency.. Wound me up. She does it alot though.. And the fact no-one can get in to see a gp 5 minutes after the open... Xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular