Confused

jayne13b
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:05 pm 
Post subject: Confused
Hello everyone. It's been a few hard years since having my son(he's nearly 3) had 4 MC and we are so happy this baby has stuck Smile we booked a gender scan for yesterday and when we got there baby had its legs bent. I felt the scan wa very rushed as they were running behind Sad Lady said looks to me like a boy but we didnt see a winky? So I'm thinking maybe shes wrong? We have a pic of Inbetween babys legs and it looks to me like 3lines? A girl? I'm so impatient. Got my 20week in 3 weeks and dreading the wait. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm on my phone so not sure if I can upload a photo? X
jayne13b
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
www.facebook.com%2F&refid=9&_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=10152396248585055&id=840075054&set=a.10152396248435055.962393.840075054&%24MURI__user=0[/img]

Not sure if the link will work?
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
I would demand they re scan you if they werent sure, after all you paid for the scan. I know baby bond offer a re scan free of charge if they are not certain enough and link doesnt work, sorry xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
You wont see a 'winky' because there wont be one there yet haha! They dont look for one bit or the other, the only way they can tell is by seeing if down there is swollen or not (i cant remember which is which) but thats why they dont always get it right, its not that anything is hidden its just because it may or may not have appeared swollen at that time. You can only really tell in late pregnancy but by then theyre too big anyway! good luck in your pregnancy Smile xx
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:53 am 
Post subject:
[img]

this is a potty shot of the scan.

from looking at other photos i think our baby looks like a girls bits rather then boys?[/img]
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:40 am 
Post subject:
Hard to tell but I would say they can get it wrong, although there should be an actual penis at 17 weeks a side view is easier to tell from as you have the obvious testicles and then the penis on top , but from that angle as baby girls are very swollen down there then they can look very similar , I have to say from that angle I would suspect girl too Smile
By 20 weeks its much more obvious though, but like Avasmummy said I would ring them and ask for a rescan , tell them it was rushed and the sonographer didn't seem certain, I do think if they can't tell they shouldn't guess Rolling Eyes especially when you've paid extra, better to be told we really can't say for sure than make a mistake and have you buy stuff for the wrong sex , I was told girl on my 20 week scan last time, purely because she couldn't see anything though and paid for a gender scan as i was convinced it was a boy and on that scan he was still shy but we managed to see a testicle Rolling Eyes Laughing but it was 28 weeks before we knew for sure from the scan, I'd had a gut instinct though , so if you have one that its a girl it could well be Smile
Oh and if you have any head profile pics then often girls forheads are nice and rounded and go in at the brow bone whereas boys tend to curve less and slope a bit more and can stick out a little at the brow bone so that can be a clue as well Smile xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:41 am 
Post subject:
Hard to tell but I would say they can get it wrong, although there should be an actual penis at 17 weeks a side view is easier to tell from as you have the obvious testicles and then the penis on top , but from that angle as baby girls are very swollen down there then they can look very similar , I have to say from that angle I would suspect girl too Smile
By 20 weeks its much more obvious though, but like Avasmummy said I would ring them and ask for a rescan , tell them it was rushed and the sonographer didn't seem certain, I do think if they can't tell they shouldn't guess Rolling Eyes especially when you've paid extra, better to be told we really can't say for sure than make a mistake and have you buy stuff for the wrong sex , I was told girl on my 20 week scan last time, purely because she couldn't see anything though and paid for a gender scan as i was convinced it was a boy and on that scan he was still shy but we managed to see a testicle Rolling Eyes Laughing but it was 28 weeks before we knew for sure from the scan, I'd had a gut instinct though , so if you have one that its a girl it could well be Smile
Oh and if you have any head profile pics then often girls forheads are nice and rounded and go in at the brow bone whereas boys tend to curve less and slope a bit more and can stick out a little at the brow bone so that can be a clue as well Smile xx
jayne13b
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:53 am 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for your reply.

This is my 12 week scan
[img]

This is my 17 week scan
[/img]
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:21 am 
Post subject:
Looks like baby was just moving their head on the latest one so its hard to say but the 12 week looks quite curved and girly, the skull shape is more accurate at the 20 week stage though, by which time most people will already know the gender so not the most helpful,
when you're having a baby though small amounts of their DNA make there way into your bloodstream and women who have boys will still have tiny amounts of male DNA in their blood for a time after the birth Shocked , so maybe when women say they have a gut feeling about the sex there's a bit more to it than just an instinct and we actually pick up on this male DNA or lack of it if baby is a girl Question
So if you have no preferences which could be swaying you then I'd go with your gut feeling Smile 3 weeks will probably pass quite quickly though and then you'll know for sure Smile xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular