Trapped nerve or the start of SPD?

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:00 pm 
Post subject: Trapped nerve or the start of SPD?
I never had this with Ava but since 8/9 weeks I've had a trapped nerve in my hip/back (left side) that often gives me shooting pains down my leg and across my back. Since yeasterday I now have the same trapped nerve but on the right side, so now its happening in both hips. Its most painful if i bend my legs to sit down or try to pick Ava up. Its not agony but I have definitely noticed its getting worse and the shooting pains although I can handle them they take my breath away for a second. Is this just a trapped nerve or is it the start of SPD? Surely its too early to be SPD..? Question xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:30 am 
Post subject:
You feel SPD in the front more across your pubic bone and in your groin, it could well be a trapped nerve in your back or perhaps sciatica Question as that causes pains that travel down your legs , might be worth asking your GP about it ? xx
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:45 am 
Post subject:
It sounds more like sciatica to me.. My experience of spd has always been in the front of my pubic bone Smile already in a lot of pain Sad maybe see your go though Smile x
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:45 am 
Post subject:
dounds like sciatica to me x

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds more like sciatica hun. I have SPD - started earlier this time, just means I have to know my limits and on bad days take everything very very slowly. Hoepfully I won't get as bad as last time but even then there were only a couple of days when I couldn't walk. Others get it a lot worse I know! Sad
x

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:07 pm 
Post subject:
Deffinately sounds more like the baby may be pressing on your siatic nerve. I have had both siatica and spd in this pregnancy and the siatica is like a shooting pain in my bum cheek and down my thigh, whereas the spd is across my pubic Bone and between my legs.

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:55 am 
Post subject:
I had sciatic pain from early on too with my baby girl. It was constant till about 14/16wks Confused Then just went one day.. then came back in the final tri to the point id nearly fall over cos I couldnt weight bare on my right leg.
I don't think theres much can be done tbh..I used to use my heat mat but it didnt really help Sad
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:58 am 
Post subject:
I had sciatic pain from early on too with my baby girl. It was constant till about 14/16wks Confused Then just went one day.. then came back in the final tri to the point id nearly fall over cos I couldnt weight bare on my right leg.
I don't think theres much can be done tbh..I used to use my heat mat but it didnt really help Sad

Jump to:  

Community

Popular