Bring on AF Ideas????

famiah
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 pm 
Post subject: Bring on AF Ideas????
Hi Ladies

I'm on CD55 with no sign of AF arriving, ovulation or pregnancy. I just wish my body would sort it self out.

does anyone have any advice on how to bring on AF that way at least i could start a new cycle again this waiting game is driving me nuts!!!
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
If you're sure you're not pregnant then Dong Quai, agnus castus and high dose vit C are all supposed to help kick start an AF , I'd do some reading though on what to take and if its suitable for you, if you google though be prepared for websites telling women how to home abort to come up Confused as many things that kick start and AF will also end and early pregnancy xx
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:51 pm 
Post subject:
My mum told me a combo of multi vitamins, epo and grapefruit juice helps and I was charting for 6 months with an average ov day being 25, the month I did all that I ovd cd 14.. perhaps just a coincedence some might say but i feel it worked for me personally, had increase cm that month too but i imaging that was down to the epo xx

famiah
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for the advice.

DL05 - i did start taking agnus castus, but then i stopped again thinking maybe i sould take that when AF finally arrives for a new cycle. I'm pretty sure i am not pregnant ans i have been charting and my temps are all over the place and no sign of OV. i've not heard of ding quai before i may have to google it.

Avasmummy - i think i need to get back onto the mulivitamins. does grapefruit juice help OV?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
For personally I found drinking a glass a day really helped. It may just be coincedence but i dont think so in all fairness as cd 15 was the earliest ive ovulated by 10 days, I was charting for 6/7 months and the one time i drank that it came early.. it was the month i concieved this little one too as it happens Laughing xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:46 am 
Post subject:
Jurys out for me on the grapefruit juice for bringing ov earlier because I used to drink gallons of it when TTC and still not ov until cd 17 and 18 Rolling Eyes Laughing , the thing that did bring ov earlier for me though was dong quai which brought it to cd13/14 (taking it from AF to ov), the grapefruit was good for cm though so I'd still recommend it for that, worked better then EPO for me Very Happy
I've heard of women taking agnus or dong quai to get AF to show though , I think that some things work better for some people than others though ,so its always worth doing some reading first , I know dong quai works by shutting down the corpus luteum so it might not work if you haven't ov'd but the agnus i'm not sure about , Good luck finding something xxx
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:54 am 
Post subject:
DL05 wrote:
Jurys out for me on the grapefruit juice for bringing ov earlier because I used to drink gallons of it when TTC and still not ov until cd 17 and 18 Rolling Eyes Laughing , the thing that did bring ov earlier for me though was dong quai which brought it to cd13/14 (taking it from AF to ov), the grapefruit was good for cm though so I'd still recommend it for that, worked better then EPO for me Very Happy
I've heard of women taking agnus or dong quai to get AF to show though , I think that some things work better for some people than others though ,so its always worth doing some reading first , I know dong quai works by shutting down the corpus luteum so it might not work if you haven't ov'd but the agnus i'm not sure about , Good luck finding something xxx

For me personally CD 17/18 would have been early.. I wasnt ovulating until CD26/27 and that was pretty much every month for 6 months until I did the grapefruit juice I ovd on CD15.. tbf though I was taking EPO and multivitamins too. I guess everybody reacts differently to certain things, it was my mum who suggested the grapefruit juice as it worked for her when she was charting.

Best thing to do is try all the differetn things one at a time each month and you will know and learn what works for you for future reference xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:08 am 
Post subject:
Yeah definately some things will work for one woman and not for others, or even from month to month Question
CD17/18 was normal for me at the time, but cd13 has only ever happened once Shocked and that was with dong quai even after stopping it my cycles stayed at 28/29 days Question
Some women find EPO on its own has a positive effect on their cycles too Question
Grapefruit juice can make certain other things have more effect as well because it can actually interfere with how your liver breaks them down so you get higher blood levels, I only found this out when I was prescribed statins and it says on the pack not to eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice as it increases the risk of bad side effects by raising the blood levels of them, so maybe it increases the effectiveness of other stuff as well Question
famiah
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
thank again

i think i will give grapefruit juice a go.

when i have regular cycles i don't usually OV till about CD26. hopefully when AF finally arrives i'm going to start taking agnus castus agian.

DL05 - i googled dong quai, but i found some sites say they can relate to breast cancer too Question
other wise it sounds idea

Jump to:  

Community

Popular