Volunteering

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:40 pm 
Post subject: Volunteering
Hi all Smile

im thinking about doing some voluntary work in one of the charity shops in my local town just to get some experience in work and too build up a CV so it looks good when i go to get a job to show that i have had a bit of experience in retail and will give me a good reference if i stay there for a while then could maybe get a bit of a better job than as if i was to just go and try to find a job with literally no experience of working or volunteering anywhere else Smile.

Only problem im having is with me claiming income support, child tax, and child benefit would me volunteering affect the amount i get or would it stay the same? and also would i loose my income support or would i still get it and it stay the same? because i wont be getting paid i dont think that it would matter but i still understand that i would have to let them know that i was doing some voluntary work Smile

was wondering if anyone could help?

Thanks Emma xx
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
As far as I know, as long as you still meet the requirements for your benefit and aren't being paid for your work then it won't affect your benefits Smile

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Oh thats great then Smile i havent started yet or anything going to ask about it in a few days time so will let them know then but just volunteering and wont be getting paid for it Smile xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular