irritated...

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 pm 
Post subject: irritated...
this is purely a rant, feel free to tell me im wrong or to shut up an suck it up lol i have a friend who is currently 21wks pregnant with their first child and all she has done since the minute she found out she is pregnant is moan, shes havin a pretty normal pregnancy morning sickness til bout 12-13wks an usual growin pains etc, i feel awful for saying it, yes we are truly blessed to have amelia and we have only been ttc for 7months but it feels like a lifetime (hats off to all of the long termers cant imagine how use feel) and every time af arrives its heartbreaking no matter how much i try not to get my hopes up, dont get me wrong i am over the moon for them but just feel like tellin her to suck it up she is pregnant an she knew what to expect an to realise how lucky they are! i wont be doing that tho coz as much of a friend she is no matter how nicely i put it she would be offended! and breath, like i said just a rant not even expecting a reply haha! x
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:57 am 
Post subject:
Think you just need to hold you tongue, not everyone deals with pg troubles that well, but you could say something along the lines of you'd rather put up with that than be infertile like many ppl out there and see if she responds to that!

I know how you feeling we have been trying for 14months for no.2 and nothing. Only took us 3 months last time so has been hard this time. I look back at all the times when I've casually asked ppl if they want children or want another child now and realise that I could have unknowingly upset ppl I didn't know we're trying, I'm sure your friend is just clueless on how other ppl could feel about her pg comments especially if she fell pg easily. Also I think that I am turning into a really bitter person sometimes, when I hear about BFP's I wonder what hey have done to deserve it that I haven't but of course life doesn't work that way. The other day my friend told me she had had a m/c, she has 2 kids already and seems to fall pg at the drop of a hat, and even though I'm devastated for her and don't want her to go through it a part of me felt relieved that I wasn't having to put on a smiley face and tell her how delighted I was that she was pg again, does that make me evil??
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
Your feelings are normal - not necessarily fair but it's not fair when you're struggling and everyone around you falls at the drop of a hat either.
I think you should maybe not say anything, but if she knows your situation(TTC) then maybe she could stand to be reminded that she could be more sensitive. xx
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:32 pm 
Post subject: irritated...
Thank you both for your replies and no it doesnt make u evil at all, i admit i took for granted how quickly i fell pregnant with amelia, 2months, and yes she does know exactly what we are doing and how long we have been trying, as nice as she is shes naturally a selfish person if that makes sense, i dont want to sound mean at all just tryin my best to explain it, yes she got pregnant very quick, within a month of getting the implant out. im just guna let everythin slide for now dont want to offend her but i think i would just say something similar to suggested bout how long myself and others have been ttc, my pregnancy with amelia was far from straight forward i got swine flu severe mornin sickness then bad spd yet i didnt moan half as much but i think thats just who i am, im adopted so fully appreciate how fortunate i am to be able to conceive and id already lost two previously 1 at 17wks and another at 8, maybe im just too sensitive? x x
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
I think we all are (sensitive) when trying and struggling to conceive. Maybe when she moans just say something like "Ah, the things we put ourselves through to become parents, eh". Just to remind her she's not the only person in the world. xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular