Does anybody else have a trophy child

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 am 
Post subject: Does anybody else have a trophy child
and I don't mean my child is a trophy Laughing

What I mean is if I ask him to go and do something like for example 'go upstairs for a bath' or 'get in the car' he has to find something to take with him, so often its a box with 3 or 4 crisps in, sometimes its a toy (this morning it was his radio).

It's reallly bizarrre and woe betide if I try to make him do it without said trophy, sometime we can spend 10 or 15 mins whilst he finds what trophy he wants lol

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 am 
Post subject:
Yep, ours is trains. We had to put locks on all our cupboards cause it was either crisps or baking tins etc Question

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 am 
Post subject:
Mine both do that. Even to leave the house Lewis has to have a figure for each hand! Nightmare when it comes to roads cos he has to figure out which hand to put the toys in.. He ends up filling the bath with tohd6 before he goes in it and went to bed woth a figure and a car last night.. Lol. X
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 am 
Post subject:
RacheynHarry wrote:
Yep, ours is trains. We had to put locks on all our cupboards cause it was either crisps or baking tins etc Question

Maybe its their age, as our 2 are so close together lol

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:25 am 
Post subject:
I had never thought about it really, but Evie always has to have something with her. Usually it is her soft rabbit called Rupert (which we have 3 of so we can wash them and never be without one) or one of the many Hello Kitty soft toys.

I just assumed it was a comfort thing of having a possession with her at all times Embarassed

xx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Yep Belle can always be seen with a car or something from her farm set, usually the farmer or tractor ad sometimes the cow.

She wont go to bed unless she has one (sometimes all) in bed with her.

rachelle79
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
Yup! To our swimming lesson last Tuesday, Heidi insisted on taking a handbag and a toy dog which she walked through the leisure centre! Sigh!
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
Mine all take something out with them. My eldest is 8 Laughing Laughing Laughing
If we go in the car they know the toy stays in the car when we get to were we are going.

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 am 
Post subject:
haha are ava needs to sometimes take a toy with her while walking to nursery : / shell give it us back when she goes in !! so i dont see why she takes it in the first place haha
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 am 
Post subject:
Yup drives me mental.... Esp when he uses it to procrastinate going to bed... Smile But I love the fact that he bonds with things. Smile At the moment it is his dinosaur.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular